is it a giggle or a cry?

38 replies to this topic
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted September 28, 2005 - 01:05 PM

is my baby happy or sad ? listen to the folowing media clips and tell me if u think it soulds right or not.

http://media.putfile.com/9-28-5011

http://media.putfile.com/9-28-5013

• roadcam

Posted September 28, 2005 - 06:20 PM

definitely sad ... try changing the diaper

• cholwerk

Posted September 28, 2005 - 06:55 PM

I'd be sad too if WR450 was my daddy.

• Xr650LMartin

Posted September 28, 2005 - 07:30 PM

It's definatly sad, cause its owner spends more time posting than riding :banghead: :applause: :lol: :lol:

• hill5150

Posted September 28, 2005 - 07:58 PM

Buy an "R" that will solve your problem. That sounds like crap and a boat anchor........... :banghead:

• TimBrp

Posted September 29, 2005 - 02:51 AM

This is twice you've posted this same sound wave. Knock it off. Not every problem can be diagnosed over the internet for free of course. Grow up and get your bike looked at professionally if you are in dire need to know. You're flooding these forums with threads that have no purpose being here.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 29, 2005 - 11:12 AM

hehe yes i do....i wanna know if my bike sounds like crap or not....ive never heard another 650l running b 4 ok

• TimBrp

Posted September 29, 2005 - 11:54 AM

No not ok. Go to a dealer and listen to one. Christ.

• ghoti

Posted September 29, 2005 - 12:07 PM

hehe yes i do....i wanna know if my bike sounds like crap or not....ive never heard another 650l running b 4 ok

Your bike sounds like you do.

• hill5150

Posted September 29, 2005 - 05:10 PM

Your bike sounds like you do.

:banghead: :applause: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted September 29, 2005 - 05:12 PM

why cant you people just tell me if it sounds ok or not?

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 29, 2005 - 05:14 PM

No not ok. Go to a dealer and listen to one. Christ.

no dealer near me has one!

• LotsOfBikes

Posted September 29, 2005 - 09:12 PM

My XR650L is approaching 60,000 actual miles.
All I can say is: Your engine sounds sooooo quiet compared to mine!!

Mine made a similar noise when it was new (back in May 1996). It was the sprag clutch that the starter gears connect to on the flywheel. When I'd hit the starter button, the noise would go away. The noise went away for goods after a couple of years. I can remember my Dad's 1987 VFR700 interceptor making the exact noise for about a year. It too went away.

• TimBrp

Posted September 30, 2005 - 03:19 AM

Yeah just hit the kill switch, the noise will "magicly" go away.

• justicedone

Posted October 01, 2005 - 08:28 AM

http://img.photobuck...internet6zy.png

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 01, 2005 - 09:03 AM

http://img.photobuck...internet6zy.png

haha real funny

• Red4x4neck

Posted October 01, 2005 - 11:27 AM

Well it doesn't sound that much different from mine. other then it sounds like it is idling slower then mine. ( I sure wish I had a tach/dwell meter)
I will try listening to my engine up close and personal. Give me a day and ill get back to ya.

Short of being in person, My assesment would be this:

Unless you have experienced a major change in performance or VERY noticeable noise that isn't taken care of by oil change, Then I would'nt worry about it.
The old addage goes "if it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, quacks like a duck then it is probably a duck". IE if you notice something wrong as listed above then the obvious conclusion would be that your bike has a problem.

You certianly will not get the quality assesment here that you need if you are truly experiencing a problem that is subtle enough that it only can be "heard" at idle.

Oh and another thing Go watch a movie, Take a motorcycle ride, read a book, Have sex, go for a walk, Take a nap, Call you Grandmother, do __fill in the blank___ all before you post again.
Take it easy your bike is fine go enjoy it.

Later
Rob :banghead:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 01, 2005 - 01:13 PM

thanks rob, thats the kinda response i was lookin for.

• Supplicate

Posted October 01, 2005 - 02:19 PM

Hmm... here is one of those unspoken "rules" of forums that I will enlighten you about:

give quality responses, get quality responses.

if you go just whoring up every thread you can find, what kind of responses do you think will come your way?

• pwrpapa

Posted October 01, 2005 - 02:46 PM

sounds ok to me.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.