i think i have a real real big problem on my hands.

55 replies to this topic
  • J_Daniels

Posted September 29, 2005 - 06:18 PM

D@mn. I was just starting to have fun and everyone started getting serious! I used to be just like him (well maybe not QUITE as big a doofus; and when I was 10) and I eventually learned that there is a place and a time for everything. An enthusiast forum like this is not the place to act like a dorky punk; we are all adults here except for him, and the childish crap gets old real fast. wr450, think of this thread as a not-so-gentle slap across the top of your head by your older brother. Get your crap together if you want to fit in. Otherwise your self esteem is gonna keep taking hits. I'm sure you are not a bad guy, just stand up and be a man.

• Max Power

Posted September 29, 2005 - 06:20 PM

what ever man. i started a perfectly fine thread about a problem i have and people filled it up with a bunch of bull shit! the first page was good information but the rest was all just a bunch of shit! then there are people who tell me you have been told what to do, do it! but i have been told about 3 different groups of things, bad rings, bad valves, and change oil.

:yawn

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 29, 2005 - 06:20 PM

hey, all i did was came here lookin for an answer.

• J_Daniels

Posted September 29, 2005 - 06:25 PM

hey, all i did was came here lookin for an answer.

Dude, you burned yourself a long time ago with the 635 or so dumb posts before this thread started: reap what you sow.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 29, 2005 - 06:29 PM

Dude, you burned yourself a long time ago with the 635 or so dumb posts before this thread started: reap what you sow.

sew man, sew. maybe those 635 previous posts are me trying to help as much as i can....i do admit, some are just dumb shit but i do try to help to the best of my ablilties.

• J_Daniels

Posted September 29, 2005 - 06:33 PM

Yank out a Webster's, bud. Sow means to harvest; as in be a dork and have people be a dork right back. Like Justicedone said, it's not too late.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 29, 2005 - 06:49 PM

aah....sorry bout that ss

• BOLT Performance

Posted September 29, 2005 - 08:46 PM

what ever man. i started a perfectly fine thread about a problem i have and people filled it up with a bunch of bull shit! the first page was good information but the rest was all just a bunch of shit! then there are people who tell me you have been told what to do, do it! but i have been told about 3 different groups of things, bad rings, bad valves, and change oil.

I'll try to explain it although it seems OBVIOUS that everyone else is in on the joke... You posted a serious description of your problem... People engaged and offered serious advise... They invested their time to be helpful... Then you pipe in with "OH BY THE WAY I sucked a bunch of sand in the motor if that matters"

Right about then the conversation was OVER... You wrecked the motor... It's DONE... DUH is what I was thinking... and I suspect everyone else was too because thats when all the muffler belt jokes started... So you missed the OBVIOUS joke and got mouthy cause you felt people were being unhelpful when everyone else thought you were just flat out being a knucklehead...

Bottom-line: You suck sand... you need a new motor... trying to diagnose smoke on your motor is about like worrying about a shaving cut when you got two minutes to live due to advanced cancer.

You just came off like a dunce... sorry but that's how it looked and I haven't been around here long enough to know you have had 635 other posts like this one. I got this impression right here and right now. If it matters!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted September 30, 2005 - 10:40 AM

What happened to all the XR650L is the best bike in the world? Don't need all that fancy water cooled, aluminum frame, high horsepower stuff? Just need the bullet proof XR650L? Now there is nothing but, my XR650L is blowing oil, my XR"L" won't start, My "L" won't run past idle, My cheap chain on my "L" broke, I am a "L" owner and write stupid posts. Just thought I would write something not nice and stupid to try and keep up with a Yamaha dude that owns a XL

• XR650L_Dave

Posted September 30, 2005 - 11:09 AM

2 pipple on the board that know nothing about bikes, and BAM! people want to talk about making it the 2nd best bike in the world...

You're slipping, you called it an XR not an XL!

What do you think these guys would do if they bought a high-maint bike?

D

• budinsac

Posted September 30, 2005 - 10:10 PM

yikes... I haven't been here in a month.... now I remember why I quit reading these posts. Adios

• LotsOfBikes

Posted October 02, 2005 - 12:10 AM

I sucked sand through my 1999 CR500R. I raced it the second half of a desert season, then the whole next season before I bothered to tare it down and put new everything in there. It never lost power.

....but if my 650L sucked sand, it's over right away. I'd be amazed if that thing were still running after sucking sand.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 02, 2005 - 12:31 PM

its just got a minor loss of power....like 2 or 3 hp. and smokes a little....nothing im toooo woried about.

• don87xr600

Posted October 02, 2005 - 06:46 PM

its just got a minor loss of power....like 2 or 3 hp. and smokes a little....nothing im toooo woried about.

3hp on a 5hp bike is a lot.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted October 02, 2005 - 07:24 PM

I was going to explain why a thumper belches a bit of white smoke when you rev it and or run it up to 3000 or so and hold it...but nobody over here cares...like throwing pearls to swine...

Im sorry I opened this thread.

• Fordskin

Posted October 03, 2005 - 03:27 AM

I believe Honda have a special on at the moment. NICOTENE PATCHES for L models. Just stick one on your end pipe you will never look back. :applause: :banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.