i think i have a real real big problem on my hands.

55 replies to this topic
  • babbs

Posted September 28, 2005 - 09:55 AM

Sometimes the blinker fluid reservoir can leak onto the exhaust header and it will smoke just like he said. Whatever you do don't use the blinkers, use hand signals instead.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 28, 2005 - 10:55 AM

It is just overfilled.

check your airbox for signs of oil.

Start engine and let idle for 5 minutes.

Stop engine and check oil.

Keep a rag handy when you open the cap! :banghead:

dude, i know how to check my oil!!!! it is not over filled!!! it is perfect.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 28, 2005 - 10:58 AM

ok, to address all the posts in one, the smoke is a white with maybe a tad of sky blue. the smoking isnt new.....but it was so minor befor that i thought nothing of it. someone either said it in this forum or emailed it to me that if u hold the throtle about a third of the way and then nail it and it blows aout a bunch of smoke.......well that was the problem.....now its a constant smoke. as for the powerband, i got two of them and used one as the exhast belt, and i blew the blinker fuse so that isnt a problem anymore.

• ghoti

Posted September 28, 2005 - 12:02 PM

ok, to address all the posts in one, the smoke is a white with maybe a tad of sky blue. the smoking isnt new.....but it was so minor befor that i thought nothing of it. someone either said it in this forum or emailed it to me that if u hold the throtle about a third of the way and then nail it and it blows aout a bunch of smoke.......well that was the problem.....now its a constant smoke. as for the powerband, i got two of them and used one as the exhast belt, and i blew the blinker fuse so that isnt a problem anymore.

Mine was doing the exact same thing, but it stopped now that I'm not using diesel. :banghead:

• don87xr600

Posted September 28, 2005 - 02:54 PM

Sorry I didn't realize you had already installed a new power band. :banghead:

• Xr650LMartin

Posted September 28, 2005 - 03:18 PM

I have a question.. I'm gettin a new edelbrock carb for my L and I wonder if the stock muffler belt will handle the extra power procuced?? I already ordered a new powerband. I'll also change the prestone before first ride wihth new carb, any suggestions?

• J_Daniels

Posted September 28, 2005 - 04:08 PM

Maybe the oil screens are plugged causing lack of oil pressure. These bikes will run a long time with no oil flow due to ball bearings on crank and cam. Eventually I guess the motor would seize or start smoking excessively as the rings wore out or the piston stuck to the cylinder. That would explain why the oil level stays the same whether it is running or not, right?

• cholwerk

Posted September 28, 2005 - 06:54 PM

As I recall you have posted about this several times, and gotten the same responses. Quit posting, and do what the guys are telling you, check the compression, work on the valves, check the oil system etc. Or just ride tell it breaks, just quit wining.

• bsukalski

Posted September 28, 2005 - 07:30 PM

As I recall you have posted about this several times, and gotten the same responses. Quit posting, and do what the guys are telling you, check the compression, work on the valves, check the oil system etc. Or just ride tell it breaks, just quit wining.

No kidding! If you were to spend as much time riding as you do posting and whining about your bike, you would be ready for the Baja 1000 :applause: Or maybe the Baby Baja (if there is such a thing?)

Some suggestions: 1.) Buy a service manual and READ it.
2.) Use the spell checker.
3.) GET A GIRLFRIEND and stop worrying about every little noise your bike makes
:banghead:

• Hayden

Posted September 28, 2005 - 08:57 PM

These are air heads so they are going to burn oil. I rode 200 miles last weekend up to Tuttle Creek here in Ks. Rode 50 miles in the ORV park there, then 200 miles back home. I burned well over half a quart, maybe more like 3/4 a quart. Mine only smokes on start up and its white. Usually have to be colder though, below 40 degrees for it to smoke.

Hayden
94 L 10K miles

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BOLT Performance

Posted September 28, 2005 - 11:02 PM

[COLOR=DarkRed]Doctor I have this pain in my side... [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Really when does it hurt... [/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkRed]All the time... [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]When did it start... [/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkRed]About two days ago... Oh by the way could it have something to do with this guy SHOOTING ME![/COLOR]

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 29, 2005 - 11:15 AM

[COLOR=DarkRed]Doctor I have this pain in my side... [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Really when does it hurt... [/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkRed]All the time... [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]When did it start... [/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkRed]About two days ago... Oh by the way could it have something to do with this guy SHOOTING ME![/COLOR]

? that dont make any sence

and no, i will never use the spell checker!

• XR650L_Dave

Posted September 29, 2005 - 01:09 PM

Focusing on the symptom, and not on the problem.

D

• Mark_Bear

Posted September 29, 2005 - 02:54 PM

wr450fyamaha

Your bike is giving you ATTITUDE, it's similar to pets and owners becoming alike, or simply choosing each other. Karma is something else that I'm certain you don't quite understand.

I think I can speak for most of the mature people on here when I say your attitude comes across in your posts, most of us are here to share our knowledge and learn from others experience as only a team can do. We also share some respect for each other and laugh at each other when appropriate.

I'm not a religious person but I have a belief that those who help themselves also get the most help.

Your refusal to use a spell checker is simply another example of your attitude, no one expects you to be word perfect, but what exactly is your problem with using a spell checker...comes across as rebellious and shows a total lack of respect to your riding buddies.

This is the last time I'm going to bother answering your posts, I have nothing to gain from attempting to pass on years of experience to a spoiled brat who thinks he knows it all, and then continually posts here asking for help. That in itself doesn't make sense.

In my opinion most of the responses have be helpful and accurate and still you choose to question....

Your bike is worn out, it sounds like a tin bucket full of bolts and it needs surgery, what exactly don't you understand? How much, cannot be answered by anyone over the net. Get it pulled down, fix the worn bits and move on.

• roadcam

Posted September 29, 2005 - 03:10 PM

yup, that pretty well summed it all up .. :banghead:

• hill5150

Posted September 29, 2005 - 05:09 PM

yup, that pretty well summed it all up .. :banghead:

:applause: Word to that........

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 29, 2005 - 05:20 PM

wr450fyamaha

Your bike is giving you ATTITUDE, it's similar to pets and owners becoming alike, or simply choosing each other. Karma is something else that I'm certain you don't quite understand.

I think I can speak for most of the mature people on here when I say your attitude comes across in your posts, most of us are here to share our knowledge and learn from others experience as only a team can do. We also share some respect for each other and laugh at each other when appropriate.

I'm not a religious person but I have a belief that those who help themselves also get the most help.

Your refusal to use a spell checker is simply another example of your attitude, no one expects you to be word perfect, but what exactly is your problem with using a spell checker...comes across as rebellious and shows a total lack of respect to your riding buddies.

This is the last time I'm going to bother answering your posts, I have nothing to gain from attempting to pass on years of experience to a spoiled brat who thinks he knows it all, and then continually posts here asking for help. That in itself doesn't make sense.

In my opinion most of the responses have be helpful and accurate and still you choose to question....

Your bike is worn out, it sounds like a tin bucket full of bolts and it needs surgery, what exactly don't you understand? How much, cannot be answered by anyone over the net. Get it pulled down, fix the worn bits and move on.

ok, if i did all of the things people have told me to do, i would be contradicting myself! Just put new oil in, u need a total engine rebuild, your muffler belt is bad, just let it be they all make noise, which one do i do? i cant do em all at the same time.

my spelling is a whole nother topic. i refuse to spell properly because i want to spell things wrong! i want the english language to be writen as it sounds. we do not have a use for spelling things properly in today's society.....as long as u get the point accros, you are good to go.

now i ask you again, whos reply is the right one? is my engine totaly worn or is it just normal for 650l's?

• BOLT Performance

Posted September 29, 2005 - 05:29 PM

People don't help people they don't like. You seem to enjoy being unlikable. I suspect you are running out of people that will reply to you.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 29, 2005 - 05:36 PM

well.....this is 4 pages long so i dont know about that. i just dont know why you people keep giving me these dumb ass answers like you need a new muffler belt.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 29, 2005 - 06:10 PM

what ever man. i started a perfectly fine thread about a problem i have and people filled it up with a bunch of bull shit! the first page was good information but the rest was all just a bunch of shit! then there are people who tell me you have been told what to do, do it! but i have been told about 3 different groups of things, bad rings, bad valves, and change oil.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.