What kind/make/profile tires should I buy for XR650L stock wheels?

2 replies to this topic
  • 94XR650LaJolla

Posted September 27, 2005 - 11:37 AM

I'm on a reasonable budget. I only ride on the streets and can't afford 17" wheels. Rain shouldn't be a factor since I'm in sunny La Jolla, CA. If possible, I'd like a very low profile tire to lower the bike a little and increase acceleration.

So, what should I get? Please include Make, Profile, and if possible Cost.

Thanks guys!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TahomaTom

Posted September 27, 2005 - 04:57 PM

If your riding on the street mostly I recommend the Avon Gripsters. No idea on the cost as the bike came with them when i bought it but I will consider putting them back on after I get my winter Knobby.

They blow in the dirt compared to the MT21's I had on my last dual sport so be carefull when you are taking that occasional short cut and ripping across peoples front yards. :banghead:

• rokklym

Posted September 27, 2005 - 05:01 PM

My buddy has these Duro's on his KLX and he can really haul on pavement and gravel.
HF903/904 MEDIAN Cheap too !

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.