YZ250 2 stroke converts

93 replies to this topic
  • joe346cbmx

Posted October 20, 2005 - 07:34 AM

Ditto, It's a great bike.

Joe-06 YZ250. I am learning how to keep the rpm's up better as I go but I am just loving this bike.

• ncmountainman

Posted October 20, 2005 - 02:12 PM

don't let the 2 stroke police see this thread :banghead: check out what dwight rudder has done in the offroad riding tech section :banghead:

• joe346cbmx

Posted October 21, 2005 - 09:42 AM

yeh, I read that the other day. Long as we keep it civil I'd hope we can talk openly about the pro's and cons of each. To be honest I like both bikes for different reasons but I can't find another forum like TT to discuss it all.

• ry0ken

Posted October 21, 2005 - 12:55 PM

agreed, I loved my YZ 450, but the 250 2 stroke just suits me better for where i ride. I still own other thumpers, but either way, TT is still a great resource for info no matter what kind of bike you ride. the honest and open discussion is one of the things that facilitates this. lets keep it open, so everyone can benefit. :banghead:

• Satch0922

Posted October 23, 2005 - 06:02 AM

In the 125 class I would recommend a 250f, but I have to say I really love my 05 yz250. It has been such a fun bike. I will continue to buy 250 2 strokes in the future. I just love the ease of maintence and the fun factor.

Could not have said it better myself..

• JBM

Posted October 24, 2005 - 12:45 PM

Well last friday I bought an 06 YZ250 and went to the track Sunday. The bike flat out hauls, no doubt. I'm coming off an 04 CRF450 and it's an adjustment for sure. The biggest adjustment, as some of you have mentioned is the throttle response. I adjusted the slack on the throttle as suggested but there isn't much roll on here. Nothing I didn't expect though. It feels about 25 pounds lighter, turns much better than the CRF, jumps "better", and the suspension feels good already; it soaks up flat landings much better than my CRF(stock). I really like it. It has brought back some excitement and fun to riding. I would say it's not quite as "easy" to ride as the CRF but definitely more fun. So now my CRF is for sale and I wish there were a forum as good as this one for the 2 strokes.

• cms_austx

Posted October 24, 2005 - 04:06 PM

JBM, a flywheel weight will do wonders for smoothing out the throttle response, w/o hurting performance. I have an 11 oz., but I've also ridden an '05 w/ an 8 oz. and liked it also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rockcrawlerdude

Posted October 24, 2005 - 09:19 PM

well after a couple of 4 stroke deals fell through i ended up with a 250 2 stroke... i still plan on getting a yellow yz 250/450f in a couple/few years once the price drops down and i can afford to buy one... until then ill be roosting a way on a 2 stroke....nathan

• joe346cbmx

Posted October 25, 2005 - 08:07 AM

JBM summed it all up right there. I am getting used to it. I picked up 3rd in my last +30 race in the mud. Much easier to ride in he mud with the light weight and how it is distributed.
A lot of fun. All the guys at the track are asking to ride it and coming back grinning from ear to ear. Pretty cool. I'm the trader who started this thread.

• Satch0922

Posted October 26, 2005 - 05:09 PM

JP....your no trader....what the heck....I started this thread back in Dec 2004 Went Pinger on you Guys

• joe346cbmx

Posted October 26, 2005 - 05:28 PM

Hey Satch, thanks. You have been real helpful.

I am thinking about dropping off this site. I atleast have to stay off the general and town square. People are ticking me off with their anti-american and anti-Chritsian rhetoric. I came here to talk bikes and that has been good but man there are some real jerks out here. I have enough aggravation in the real world without getting into it here. Once again if I don't come back thansk for your help, you have been a cool guy.

• Satch0922

Posted October 26, 2005 - 05:37 PM

Joe....check your pm's. :banghead:

• SureBlue

Posted October 27, 2005 - 12:00 PM

Joe, please don't give it up only because of some jerks. I have read your posts and feel you're a decent man. :banghead:

• ncmountainman

Posted October 27, 2005 - 12:54 PM

ya,just because some might consider two stroke belief to be TT heresy is no reason to throw in the towel,galileo never gave up :banghead:

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.