free or cheap mods for 98 wr400f

4 replies to this topic
  • jmholland

Posted September 26, 2005 - 11:32 AM

looking for a list of cheap or free mod for my 1998 yamaha wr400f let me know what mod you have done at: jmholland@knology.net

john m holland

• jchantzWR400F

Posted September 26, 2005 - 12:12 PM

Try the search feature "free mods" in this forum. Pull up a seat and take notes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jobstress

Posted September 26, 2005 - 01:37 PM

Best mod I made to my 2000 wr 400 wasn't free but changing the seat and tank to the yzf style WOW! Move your rear tire all the way forward. Free advice someone gave me when I asked the same question. "Get a strong Visa card"

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 26, 2005 - 02:59 PM

I don't know if the 98' American models had a grey wire but it's worth looking into and if it it has one, cut it. It probably has a throttle stop that can be filed down for more throttle travel.

If it is a Canadian model, those restrictions won't exist. Alot of us up here in Washington State buy them across the border in Canada. Our dollar goes alot farther and the bikes are not subject to all of the US limitations on off-road bikes.

• tcmII

Posted September 26, 2005 - 05:16 PM

I've got a great article in one of my old bike magazines. I'll find it and scan it for you. Give me a day or two.

Covers grey wire, baffle, air box and cam timing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.