header guard for stock YZ pipe

7 replies to this topic
  • Goosedog

Posted September 26, 2005 - 04:39 AM

What's a good aftermarket replacement for the stock one, mine's just a wee bit mangled on my 426. Not surprising concidering how thin they are and how often I crash. :banghead:

• T_Olie

Posted September 26, 2005 - 11:43 AM

I have a new exhaust header with gaurd only has about 100 miles on it. it is off a 2004 wr450 there are the same.

• Goosedog

Posted September 26, 2005 - 11:48 AM

All aftermarket guards I've looked at fit the 450 but not the 426. :banghead:

• TimFurryBalls

Posted September 26, 2005 - 12:26 PM

Try E-Line or Carbon Fiber Works.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Goosedog

Posted September 26, 2005 - 02:29 PM

Try E-Line or Carbon Fiber Works.

Carbon Fiber Works does not make one for the 426, I checked. I've never heard of E-line, do they have a web-address?

• beasleys

Posted September 26, 2005 - 02:38 PM

Don't waste your time with eline they don't make it either. I am in the same boat and still have not found anything good.

• Goosedog

Posted September 26, 2005 - 04:29 PM

Don't waste your time with eline they don't make it either. I am in the same boat and still have not found anything good.

I'm wondering.....how hard could it be to make one? Say, out of 1/8" aluminum and bent it to fit, with three hole for mounting? If I try it I'll post about it with a picture.

• revolucien

Posted September 26, 2005 - 05:01 PM

I'm wondering.....how hard could it be to make one? Say, out of 1/8" aluminum and bent it to fit, with three hole for mounting? If I try it I'll post about it with a picture.

Definitely the better idea... the E-Line was going for around $100. The piece of aluminum you make yours with will probably cost you a buck and a half hour of your time :banghead:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.