02 Yz 426 broke 2nd gear shift fork twice ????

No replies to this topic
  • darksun27

Posted September 25, 2005 - 06:27 PM

I have a 2002 Yz 426f. So heres the story... A month ago i was riding and all of a sudden when i shifted insecond gear all it would do is lunge foreward and not pull. So i tore the motor and tranny apart, replaced the broken shift fork and put it all back together. It started up on 1st kick like normal, shifted through all gears and ran perfect. I rode it for about 30 minitues and out of the blue it does the EXACT same thing :applause: I havent tore the motor apart yet but im asuming that it has done it again. Once again its 2nd gear that it wont pull in. It pulls normally in all the other gears except 2nd. Why has it broke again? The gears, shifter drum, bearings all look like their in great condition even the local mechanic says so :banghead: . Has this ever happend to any of you other guys? Please if you know anything reply to this i am in need of desprate help.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.