New toys!

3 replies to this topic
  • xjruss

Posted September 25, 2005 - 04:45 PM

Picked up two bikes yesterday... an '02 YZ426 for me and a '98 YZ400 for my brother. The 426 has a White Brothers R4, Excel Rims, and suspension work (BG3 or something like that), the 400 is pretty much stock. Got both for 5 grand, $2900/$2100... Good deal on the '02, average deal on the '98... but I didn't want to wait until next summer for the prices to hit bottom again so I jumped on the first reasonable bikes I could because prices are already climbing with desert season right around the corner.

Anyway, these are the first bikes I have ever owned and it will certainly take some time to get comfortable on 2 wheels (I've always ridden quads). I only crashed once today and I have a couple nice bumps on my knee and ankle to show for it. I did have some very close calls on top of the one crash though...

We'll be heading out next Sunday for round 2!

~ Russ

• revolucien

Posted September 25, 2005 - 04:50 PM

Right on sounds like you and your bro will be havin a blast. Do they have the auto decompression mod?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xjruss

Posted September 25, 2005 - 04:58 PM

No auto-decompression... yet. Haven't had any trouble using the "routine". More often than not, they start on the 1st kick.

• yz_for_me

Posted September 25, 2005 - 09:28 PM

Sweet! Welcome to the party! :banghead: Keep it tuned right here for all the info you'll ever need on your new rides.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.