Bluewire Mod

16 replies to this topic
  • YZRob

Posted September 25, 2005 - 02:02 PM

What is the bluewire mod and where can I find it? I have been searching the forums and Technicals and cannot seem to find anything on it.
On another note, what can I do to my 00 YZF426 to get rid of the awfull hicup on the bottom?

• Satch0922

Posted September 25, 2005 - 05:55 PM

here ya go

Motoman393's tech article

• YZRob

Posted September 26, 2005 - 04:24 AM

Thanks Satch

• grayracer513

Posted September 26, 2005 - 09:48 AM

Has anyone really checked to see if there actually is an increase in spark voltage with this mod?

I ask this because the purpose of the connection to the neutral switch is to let the CDI know the bike is out of gear so that it can lower the rev limit and change the ignition timing to an idle and startup mode, which is supposed to make the bike easier to start, not harder. I can tell you for a fact that my 450 starts better in neutral than in gear (and not because of clutch drag, either), and the thing is actually dangerous to start in gear when it's less than fully warmed up (I found out the hard way). It should have no effect on the output of the coil. Maybe the 426 likes the extra advance when starting. :banghead:

• 642MX

Posted September 26, 2005 - 12:22 PM

Has anyone really checked to see if there actually is an increase in spark voltage with this mod?

I ask this because the purpose of the connection to the neutral switch is to let the CDI know the bike is out of gear so that it can lower the rev limit and change the ignition timing to an idle and startup mode, which is supposed to make the bike easier to start, not harder. I can tell you for a fact that my 450 starts better in neutral than in gear (and not because of clutch drag, either), and the thing is actually dangerous to start in gear when it's less than fully warmed up (I found out the hard way). It should have no effect on the output of the coil. Maybe the 426 likes the extra advance when starting. :banghead:

Good point gray. I've never checked the voltage, but I have done the wire mod and have felt no difference in starting my bike. I rode it a few times unhooked and then hooked it back up. It seems to start second or third kick with or without the wire hooked up.

• Fastest1

Posted September 26, 2005 - 05:02 PM

I wouldnt think it would change the voltage unless it passes a predetermined rpm and then it would just cutout.

• Satch0922

Posted September 26, 2005 - 05:06 PM

I got rid of mine.....not sure if it helped but it made me feel "proactive" insolving the 426 starting woes.... Plus the factory bikes dont have them.....so in the trash mine went! :banghead:
Posted Image

• shanedut

Posted September 26, 2005 - 05:54 PM

i have a 2000 yz426 and I think the blue wire mod seemed to help mine start better but i have noticed you have to have the idle up higher. I also did the BK carb mod at the same time thats on MOTOMAN393's web page and that helped a bunch with the starting once it was jetted properly. The BK mod will help your bike get rid of the bog off the bottom. I found it made my bike a whole new bike to ride and a lot more fun.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZRob

Posted September 27, 2005 - 04:20 AM

Thanks for all the replies. My bike is not that hard to start unless you go down or give her a twist right when it stalls. I think I am going to disconnect the wire and see what happens, then look into the BK mods a little more. Kinda scares me to drill an expensive carb :banghead:

• shanedut

Posted September 27, 2005 - 07:23 PM

The BK mod isnt that bad its easier if you take your carb off the bike put it in a vise to drill it. Take your time and its easy to do. You will never be happier with your bike

• MisterMan

Posted September 27, 2005 - 08:54 PM

if I were to remove the netural switch would oil spew out?....dont wanna waste my $14.50 worth of oil to find out.

• YZLEE

Posted September 27, 2005 - 09:39 PM

if I were to remove the netural switch would oil spew out?....dont wanna waste my $14.50 worth of oil to find out.

If ya look in the picture Satch0922 posted, he had a red plug for the neutral switch hole.

• mj2412

Posted September 28, 2005 - 01:09 AM

Hello, what are the advantages in removing the neutral switch. Satch, did you realize a difference in starting the bike after removing. I´m fan of a clean looking bike with as less parts as possible. So less parts can break.

• yamarider426

Posted September 28, 2005 - 09:47 AM

I just did the bk mod and I absolutly love it!
Throttle response and bottom end rev is comparabale to a 2 stroker on steroids.
I drilled and tapped mine for a 10/32 screw I had laying around, put a tight-fitting rubber gromet on the screw so I can adjust it with my fingers and used the spring out of a writing pen!
Works like a champ!
Do the mod!
You wont be disipointed!

• grayracer513

Posted September 28, 2005 - 09:51 AM

Hello, what are the advantages in removing the neutral switch.

IMO, there aren't any.

• 800screws

Posted September 28, 2005 - 02:01 PM

the link shows the light blue wire being disconnected...how does that relate to the wires under the shifter? is that where the light blue wire goes? and where do u get the cover to replace the wires?

• Satch0922

Posted September 28, 2005 - 06:14 PM

that is where the wire goes. Just cover the hole with tape and pull the rubber "boot" back over it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.