fabricator's .....

4 replies to this topic
  • vorra65

Posted September 25, 2005 - 11:28 AM

Any fabricator's here-in the WR zone?

I'm getting ready to make my 2nd decomp plug, 1st one went with my '04 YFZ that I just sold. And was wondering, how many more are like me-and would rather make it than buy it?

• so_cal_sean

Posted September 25, 2005 - 02:47 PM

i would much rather make it myself love to come up with new things

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted September 25, 2005 - 05:16 PM

I'd rather make everything, but often my time is better spent doing other things.

• vorra65

Posted September 25, 2005 - 09:09 PM

I'd rather make everything, but often my time is better spent doing other things.

Point well taken, when weighing in time and materiel-sometimes it's best to buy. For me- all aspects of design and fab are like seat time, therapy. :banghead:

• bg10459

Posted September 26, 2005 - 02:09 PM

Don't get me wrong. I take great pride, and get tremendous satisfaction from making things; from parts for my bike to re-building my entire house. With the house thing, sometimes I don't even get a chance to ride though. Other times, you just need it now. But given the opportunity, I'll spend the time to make a part that I could probably even buy for $10 or $20, just to do it myself.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.