Airbox..........

7 replies to this topic
  • vorra65

Posted September 25, 2005 - 09:02 AM

What's the trick to removing the airbox on my '04?

Getting ready to do the vent mod.

Thanks,

• drewpeacock

Posted September 25, 2005 - 09:28 AM

No need to take off the air box. What mod are you looking for? Snorkel or crack case breather hose vent?

• vorra65

Posted September 25, 2005 - 09:43 AM

No need to take off the air box. What mod are you looking for? Snorkel or crack case breather hose vent?

I'll be doing both, and I have read that both can be accomplished without removing the AB.

I'm sure the AB can be removed, but what is the easiest way? Subframe?

When removing the snorkel from the AB, I tried in vain to remove it with no success and finally just pried the snorkel out as some had advised here at TT. It's gotta come out of there, I'm just looking for the least laborious method. I couldn't even get the lid off.

I'd like to be able to remove the box, or at least the lid to get in and clean in the box during my PM's. :banghead:

• drewpeacock

Posted September 25, 2005 - 10:03 AM

Take a look. http://www.off-road....4/runright.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vorra65

Posted September 25, 2005 - 10:12 AM

Take a look. http://www.off-road....4/runright.html

Yeah, got that one bookmarked. :applause:

I've got the factory manual, and it is even unclear as to the removal of the AB from the bike.:banghead:

• roostboy wr250f

Posted September 25, 2005 - 12:10 PM

It is easy. Remove the lower subframe bolts. Remove muffler bolt. Swing subframe up and the air box comes right out.

• vorra65

Posted September 25, 2005 - 09:11 PM

It is easy. Remove the lower subframe bolts. Remove muffler bolt. Swing subframe up and the air box comes right out.

Very nice, thanks. :banghead:

• RADRick

Posted September 26, 2005 - 11:40 AM

Not if you don't loosen the airbox boot-to-carb clamp first. :banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.