Uncorked exhaust tip or drill out end?

7 replies to this topic
  • Fordskin

Posted September 25, 2005 - 12:34 AM

My new bike came with the uncorked tip [1and1\2inch hole] but i want to know if drilling out to 2 inches will give me more gains? :banghead:

• J_Daniels

Posted September 26, 2005 - 07:21 PM

Nope. I have an HRC tip and a wide open tip (no guts). The open tip is WAY louder but no faster. Sure sounds mean, tho.

• Fordskin

Posted September 27, 2005 - 12:10 AM

Thanks mate thats good info.

• TimBrp

Posted September 27, 2005 - 03:06 AM

I found the HRC tip to be better flowing than the stock drilled. My bike ran and performed better with it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bork

Posted September 27, 2005 - 05:27 AM

According to the guys that run dynos. They say a lot of harleys need the right amount of backpressure and will gain power ! Loud is not always better & eventually someone will hear you riding on their land and shut everyone down. Quieter = more riding .

• Xr650rhonda

Posted September 30, 2005 - 04:50 PM

I like them all! I use the HRC tip for back roads, the Baja Designs baffle in the HRC tip when I ride with people that like it quiet, and my favorite, the drilled out tip with the 2 inch hole and the forward baffle still attached, quiet and good performance for trail riding! :banghead:

• al_piv

Posted October 01, 2005 - 05:14 AM

is there a full HRC kit for uncording the BRP and not just a bunch of individual parts ?

• Winkel

Posted October 01, 2005 - 05:51 PM

I believe there is a kit, but it's A LOT cheaper if you do it your self. I think in total I spent about fifteen bucks on the jet kit, and did the rest of the work myself. I didn't have a hole saw that was the right size, so I just drilled a bunch of 1/8 inch holes around the core, and punched it out with a hammer and screw driver. Then I used a dremel to smoothe the perforated edge. It looks factory.
Just my two cents...

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.