YZ coolant recovery tank

7 replies to this topic
  • FOX426

Posted September 24, 2005 - 06:08 PM

Who has made one; rigged one? Can you post pics? I have tried all the coolant tricks but in the prolonged tight stuff in Alabama heat I still am boiling out coolant. I know I have read post where some have done this.

• Butta

Posted September 24, 2005 - 06:21 PM

Do a search if you know there are previous posts on it. You'll find lots on this topic.

• FOX426

Posted September 24, 2005 - 06:48 PM

Yea, I have read some. CRF guys having same problem, thing is I can't get any of the pics to come up; maybe post too old?

• yzf450jack

Posted September 24, 2005 - 08:17 PM

Motion Pro make's a coolent recovery tank that fit's behind the front number plate

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bvmoto

Posted September 25, 2005 - 05:56 AM

I helped with my friends YZ400f- we bought an OEM overflow bottle for a WR (I think it was a 426?) and all the tubing and cap. Then mounted the overflow bottle on the left inside of the rear fender, try to position it so the tire will not hit it if your suspension compress' all the way. Just run the tubing along the inside of the frame, carefull not to touch exhaust with the tubing. And attach to your Radiator cap. Now next time you ride it and it gets hot the coolant will go into the overflow bottle- let it cool off and it will go back into the radiator. My friend has Purple Rain (like engine ice) in the coolant also, he doesn't ride real fast so it will heat up, and he has never had a problem now with the overflow bottle on. I will get some pics to post for you. :banghead:

• shanedut

Posted September 26, 2005 - 06:09 PM

here are the pics of it i have thought about doing it myself if you do a coolant recovery search in the yz400/426/450 forum you can find the posts
http://img.photobuck...verflowtank.jpg

• 99wr400

Posted September 26, 2005 - 06:54 PM

take a piece of tubing, a turkey baster, some zip-ty's, and get creative. Mount it wherever you want.

• FOX426

Posted September 27, 2005 - 05:34 PM

I did the Turkey baster thing. Seems to work from my garage test. Doesn't seem to hold alot I will have to see how it works when the going gets tough and she really starts puking her guts out. This could be a cool creative mod. :banghead:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.