ANYBODY W/A '94 XR650L and SMOG BLOCK-OFF?! I need help!

4 replies to this topic
  • 94XR650LaJolla

Posted September 24, 2005 - 02:19 PM

I have no idea how to route the hoses, everything is different from the 4strokes.com article. My bike is also a CA model. I tried to de-smog it today, and now it won't start. If somebody could PM me or reply or anything!

Thanks guys!

• 94XR650LaJolla

Posted September 24, 2005 - 06:28 PM

I did it! All ports plugged except the very bottom which is a vent along with the left side. Also, the front top LEFT is connected with a reused tube over to the right side of the carb. IMS instructions said to plug both front top ports, but that didn't work on my '94 California model. Thanks IMS :banghead:

Bike still pops a lot when decelerating, if anything more than before. This might be because there was a mouse living in my airbox for god knows how long. It decided to chew my filter and crap all inside it, needless to say, it needs replacing...Twin-Air filter is going in on Monday, the shop needed to order a "cage", something nobody has mentioned on here.

When replacing the stop filter to aftermarket you also have to buy a "cage" that goes under it to support the filter from getting smooshed by the bracket, add $16 to airfilter...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • justicedone

Posted September 24, 2005 - 06:49 PM

Get a UNI filter, they come with the plastic cage support.

• 94XR650LaJolla

Posted September 24, 2005 - 07:26 PM

Dammit, the guy talked me into the Twin-Air, which he had to order (neither were in stock).

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 24, 2005 - 07:47 PM

twin air is way better........get it!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.