Bottom end return !!

3 replies to this topic
  • Georgie-Hammer

Posted September 23, 2005 - 02:39 PM

:applause: I have a 02 WR426 which has its exhaust swithched from a white bro full system to a FMF Q pipe with power bomb. had to do it for legal reasons, I think its called an MOT over here in "My Horse has right of way". No, seriously, the mid range power has increased and is more usable, but my bottom end "Punch" has gone !!!. the bike heart and lungs is completely standard apart from that. Any adviseon how to get some of the bottom end power back ie. jetting, needle position ect..... please. !! :banghead:

• 99wr400

Posted September 23, 2005 - 09:56 PM

SUPER CHARGER! just kidding, try a set of hotcams and a higher compression piston. Also try a big bore kit and a variation of the other two items. I threw a 420 bigbore kit in my 400 and it really woke up the bottom end, and still revs out as far as I want it to.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 99wr400

Posted September 23, 2005 - 10:01 PM

Powroll.com Thumper-Racing.com Both have bigbore kits for the 426.

• Hamish

Posted September 24, 2005 - 12:37 AM

:applause: I have a 02 WR426 which has its exhaust swithched from a white bro full system to a FMF Q pipe with power bomb. had to do it for legal reasons, I think its called an MOT over here in "My Horse has right of way". No, seriously, the mid range power has increased and is more usable, but my bottom end "Punch" has gone !!!. the bike heart and lungs is completely standard apart from that. Any adviseon how to get some of the bottom end power back ie. jetting, needle position ect..... please. !! :banghead:

yes, it will loose a bit of 'snap' off the bottom, which is a good thing for technical work. But I'd bet it's not as bad as you think if it's jetted correctly. I change from a YZ pipe to a stock WR pipe on occasions (both with gyt-r header) and the WR equipped bike 'seems' dead slow, due to the quiet exhaust, but there isnt much in it. It still wheelies off the throttle in 4th with the WR muffler. :lol:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.