Tachometer help

3 replies to this topic
  • Al Curtis

Posted September 23, 2005 - 09:56 AM

Hey guys, I've been looking at allot of threads about tachometers. I'm looking for a hand-held tach for jetting and all I've been able to find are the type you mount to the bike. I called the local Yamaha dealer and he told me about the clamp on timing light/ tach but, beings that the "05 it doesn't have your typical plug wire he would have to look into it and get back to me. Anyone have what I'm looking for or know where to find one.

• clark4131

Posted September 23, 2005 - 11:29 AM

I have a Sendec unit that I've attached semi-permanently to the bike. It's mounted out of the way with 3M heavy-duty tape on the head tube, just above the CDI. I use it only to monitor my idle setting hence its position. The model number is 806-100-1032 and has both the tach and hour meter which is nice for maintenance intervals. I got it off of eBay for around $30...SC

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Al Curtis

Posted September 23, 2005 - 01:26 PM

Thanks clark4131, where did you land the end of the wire or pick-up coil?

• clark4131

Posted September 23, 2005 - 01:40 PM

I wrapped it around the plug wire next to the coil about 6 times and it picks up the RPMs quite nicely...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.