how you think yamaha and honda

8 replies to this topic
  • ride yzf all the way

Posted September 23, 2005 - 04:44 AM

how you think the stats of the bikes are going to be this year cause honda got that new dual pipe on the 250 i think yamaha has them in 450 classs but not the 250 i cant wait to see my freinds when he gets it the dual pipes look sweet

• PK

Posted September 23, 2005 - 08:25 AM

I would be afraid of 2 things on the Honda:

1. The engine is a problem, valve problems and burning oil. I speak from experience.
2. If you crash and tweak that exhaust system, it's going to cost alot to replace and since the bike is new, there aren't going to be very many options for who you get one from. Buying our CRF250 is one mistake I wish I could re-do, it handles great but mechanically it's weak compared to the Yamaha.

The new Yamaha will definitely be more competitive and I hope they got the bugs worked out of the new frame, motor and suspension.

• spy

Posted September 23, 2005 - 08:35 AM

Plus exhaust options could be scarce being one of the few dirtbikes in the market with dual exhaust systems. :banghead: But i'm sure they did their homework when they decided with that design. :applause:

• grayracer513

Posted September 23, 2005 - 08:44 AM

the dual pipes look sweet

...and we all know that looks are more important than anything. :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yak

Posted September 23, 2005 - 09:51 AM

2. If you crash and tweak that exhaust system, it's going to cost alot to replace and since the bike is new, there aren't going to be very many options for who you get one from. Buying our CRF250 is one mistake I wish I could re-do, it handles great but mechanically it's weak compared to the Yamaha.

Im thinking that the dual pipes are going to be less prone to damage than the huge cans they are currently coming with. They dont stick out past the number plate and there is alot less leverage because of the smaller size. Also being tucked away like that, the rear fender is going to take most the damage, which is OK. Fenders are cheap, pipes aren't.

• mikedabike

Posted September 23, 2005 - 03:31 PM

I saw one of these new dual exhaust Hondas at Glen Helen. The rider had a moderate get off and completely destroyed both mufflers. Put me in the less is more camp. I would much rather have a single muffler than two but it looks like with the noise restrictions we will probably start seeing more of these set ups. Plus the aftermarket companies and manufacturers love it, more profit for them.

• Satch0922

Posted September 23, 2005 - 05:30 PM

Not sure what the original question was........

OH YEAH..."Hey Mr. MX....how did you manage to win that race?" "Well Mr. Interviewer, I had dual silencers!" (not dual exhaust)

• grayracer513

Posted September 23, 2005 - 06:13 PM

White man smoking through forked pipe! :banghead:

• Satch0922

Posted September 23, 2005 - 06:17 PM

White man smoking through forked pipe! :banghead:

LMAO!!!!! :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.