1999 wr 400

2 replies to this topic
  • yogist

Posted September 22, 2005 - 06:20 PM

Been looking for a four stroke, found a pretty clean 99 wr 400...
Desert tank, clarke new, frame guards and skid plates...
Renthal bars ...white brothers pipe...Paddle tire... Young guy owned it for around a year..says it starts and runs great...really fast!! hes selling it , wants a quad...Also has a 2004 green sticker on it...California ??
asking 3000.00...Whats it worth??
Any problems I should look for on this bike...??

Thanx again in advance for any replies.... :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yogist

Posted September 22, 2005 - 06:30 PM

Did a search, lots of good things said about this bike, stainless valves last forever, as reliable as the xr line....Sounds good...Are there some transmission issues with the early wr yz line ..?? If it checks out what would you give for this bike...

• kevin1209

Posted September 22, 2005 - 06:47 PM

I have a 98 WR400 that I'm selling now because I just got an 04 WR450. I've had mine for a year, and it has been an excellent bike for me. I have had no mechanical problems, only a hot start button that was stuck (fixed it for $20.00). In my opinion, it is a great bike. Lots of power with the basic mods, and very dependable. I'm selling mine for $2,000 to the first lucky buyer. 3 grand sounds high to me, but for California and the green sticker, $2,600-$3,000 might be the right range, if it's in good shape. If it's not ragged out, you will be a happy owner.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.