06 yz450 mag tests?

17 replies to this topic
  • Hokie

Posted September 22, 2005 - 08:45 AM

Anybody have a clue as to when the mags are going to get a 06 yz450 to test?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I could not find an answer.

• dmoney2023

Posted September 22, 2005 - 09:07 AM

Don't know. But I am dying to know what they are like. I am praying that it gets an awesome review!!!

• Thumper38

Posted September 22, 2005 - 09:20 AM

The wait is killing me, I would like to here something any way!

• darth

Posted September 22, 2005 - 11:44 AM

all the mag guys are riding the 250F's today or maybe it was yesterday. so look for that soon. The 450 will be a while yet.

• crfdude86

Posted September 22, 2005 - 12:43 PM

man i cant wait

• Troutman

Posted September 22, 2005 - 01:14 PM

Anybody have a clue as to when the mags are going to get a 06 yz450 to test?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I could not find an answer.

Damn!!! I almost made it a whole day with out thinking about the 06, My therapist will be so disapointed.

:banghead: :applause:

• Pincushion

Posted September 22, 2005 - 02:29 PM

You know its gonna be dynamite. Yamaha would not release the bike if it weren't able to one-up the CRF and any bike that can one-up the CRF is pure dynamite. I've got the distinct feeling the mags will proclaim it the best mx bike ever. At least until next year...........

It's a good time to be a motohead.

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted September 22, 2005 - 05:09 PM

Good things come to those who wait. :banghead:

Look out for the first test of the '06 YZ450F in the January issues.

• Hokie

Posted September 22, 2005 - 06:49 PM

Good things come to those who wait. :banghead:

Look out for the first test of the '06 YZ450F in the January issues.

I figure I'll probably get some ride reports here before that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aford541

Posted September 22, 2005 - 09:39 PM

I have heard that the bike is really good, better that the 05 Honda. I am impatiently waiting. :banghead:

• Just034

Posted September 23, 2005 - 12:17 AM

"I have heard that the bike is really good, better that the 05 Honda. I am impatiently waiting." Well if it is better than the honda that is all that matters. I am kidding a bit. I like Honda, but I love yamaha.

• ride yzf all the way

Posted September 23, 2005 - 04:25 AM

god i cant wait to see them and ride one

• SCIENCE

Posted September 23, 2005 - 05:42 AM

The magazines will not have their test bikes until mid-October (they just did the 250F intro this week) at the earliest. Which in turn means that we won't see a printed test until the January issues if we're lucky. I'm sure it will be much improved over the previous offering, in fact it may win the shootout.
While "good things do come to those who wait," Yamaha really missed the boat this year sales wise. Dealers getting their first late November and their remaining allotment in January/February is ridiculous in today's market. Why build/release the 2 stokes first? Unfortunately, I needed a bike now and bought an '06 CRF. I've heard that Honda is closing in on having sold almost 1/2 of their '06 CRF450 offering! Suzuki & Kawi will have their bikes available by October. I bet Yami will be discounting the heck out of these bikes by spring! If it wins the shootout, I'll ride my CRF all fall and winter, sell it for $5500 in March & buy the YZF for $5700!

• Satch0922

Posted September 23, 2005 - 05:36 PM

Why build/release the 2 stokes first? Unfortunately, I needed a bike now and bought an '06 CRF. I've heard that Honda is closing in on having sold almost 1/2 of their '06 CRF450 offering!I bet Yami will be discounting the heck out of these bikes by spring! If it wins the shootout, I'll ride my CRF all fall and winter, sell it for $5500 in March & buy the YZF for $5700!

First....WHATEVER!

Second...the two strokes have no major changes other than bolt on...(an expert like you should know this).

Third...Why do you NEED a new bike? Did you not maintain your last bike? Are you trying to turn pro?

Fourth....Honda has not sold half of their 06 bikes....saying "I heard" is a lame internet saying.....we are tired of that.

Fifth....Good luck selling your CRF for $5700 when used...of course ...there is a sucker born everyday.

GOD I LOVE THE INTERNET! Who invented this stuff anyway....oh yeah...Al Gore....
:banghead:

• SCIENCE

Posted September 26, 2005 - 08:05 AM

- - I'm speaking clearly from a business and/or marketing standpoint. I know that the 2 strokes are unchanged. I also know that Yamaha could have and should have produced the 4 strokes first. They have missed a tremendous sales opportunity. The Yami dealer who I have bought over 12 YZ/YZF's from is not happy about the late availability. He knows that he is losing sales. We'll see in late spring '06. I can almost guarantee that Yamaha will have left over '06 YZ450F's at discount prices.

- - I don't necessarily need a new bike & I'm definitely not going pro. I choose to sell my bikes at least every other year in order to get the maximum value for them. My '04 CRF was perfectly maintained. I sold it much quicker and for more than I thought the market would bear. Since there is a glut of used CRF450's out there, I was happy to see her go for top $.

- - I have heard from directly from 2 large volume Honda dealers in the Mid-Atlantic that Honda is closing in on selling the first half of the '06 CRF450R allotment. This is not internet speak. See my first point - Yamaha is missing a tremendous sales opportunity releasing these bikes late.

- - based on the last couple years, the market for my CRF will be in the $5900 range come spring.

Like I've said in the past, I was really pumped when Yamaha released the '06 info. However, I like to ride/race and sold my bike. If I had 2 bikes I would have waited.

• revolucien

Posted September 26, 2005 - 08:20 AM

The Transworld video report on the 250f has been out for a couple days now hopefully the 450 will be soon.

• grayracer513

Posted September 26, 2005 - 08:23 AM

GOD I LOVE THE INTERNET! Who invented this stuff anyway....

"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"
--Homer Simpson

• Satch0922

Posted September 26, 2005 - 04:23 PM

"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"
--Homer Simpson

GR made me laugh again!!!! :banghead:

No comment on the other post other than yes...the market is flooded with CRF's. Yes they sold a lot of them...and yes people are also scared of them. I would be.

:applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.