06 Gas Tank

8 replies to this topic
  • gowampygo

Posted September 21, 2005 - 10:09 PM

Newbie in the house looking for 5 or 6 gallon tank for an 06 xr650l, any suggestions?

• Xr650LMartin

Posted September 22, 2005 - 04:27 AM

Clarke 4.7.. check mine in my Garage

• TREADMARKS

Posted September 22, 2005 - 08:59 AM

What he said!

The Clarke has cutouts for the blinkers and is a breeze to install.

• hikeNM

Posted September 22, 2005 - 09:29 AM

I just got an 06 650 L also, and was wondering, about halfway down the cylinder head on the left side is a pump of some kind(im guessing either for emissions or something to do with oil). Will the clarke tank still install with that pump there?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crfdude86

Posted September 22, 2005 - 10:33 AM

thats a huge gas tank.

• justicedone

Posted September 22, 2005 - 04:01 PM

I have a Clarke 4.o gallon http://www.thumperta...tachmentid=5652 and its a perfect fit as well as providing about 150mi or so range riding hard.

The Clarkes have the best fit and smoothest finish most would say, me included :banghead:

The smog would clear, but it works much better in the alley dumpster, thats where mine ended up.

• klmmicro

Posted September 22, 2005 - 05:24 PM

I just installed a Clarke 4.7 this afternoon and it is great! I think it took about a half hour for me to get the entire process done. The tank clears the emissons stuff without any problem. I had to rinse the tank a few times, but it that was about it for tank prep.

• Kitepilot

Posted September 23, 2005 - 08:43 AM

I just installed the Clarke 4.7 model # 1322 it is the newest model and fits perfectly. Best tank out there. :banghead:

• Jack Roberge

Posted September 23, 2005 - 11:20 AM

I'm very satisfied with my Acerbis. It can hold 22.5 liters. The main tank gives me a range of 315km.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.