Handguard shocking?

2 replies to this topic
  • tythew

Posted September 21, 2005 - 08:52 PM

All right guys. When riding on Sunday my left hand guard (aluminum wrap around style) was giving me some shocks when my hadn slid out far enough to rest against it. I haven't looked at it yet, where should I start? Kill switch?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jrcgaf364

Posted September 22, 2005 - 04:52 AM

yea its gotta be something with the kill switch. another thing thats good to do ne way is putting di-electric grease on alll of your connections to prevent moisture getting in

• Butta

Posted September 22, 2005 - 06:41 AM

I had a 98 WR that did the same thing. I wrapped electrical tape around the handlebar under the kill switch and wrapped the end of the handlebar where the grip meets the handguard with electrical tape, too. For me, it only happened when I was WFO in the desert, but there's nothing like a shock at 85 mph to keep you alert!!!

The tape solved my problems.....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.