XR650R Scotts Stabilizer Mount

21 replies to this topic
  • cholwerk

Posted September 21, 2005 - 08:51 PM

I have a Scotts Damper mount, complete with triple clamp, stabilizer mount, and bar clamps. Good clean condition. Anyone need one?

Priced new @ $189 for the clamp, and $79 for the filler mount.

I no longer need these parts, make me a fair offer and they are yours.

(No damper is included. This is the oil filler style mount.)

Charles

• twowheels

Posted September 23, 2005 - 06:41 PM

PM Sent

• cholwerk

Posted September 23, 2005 - 10:13 PM

Twowheels,
I did not get it.

C

• cholwerk

Posted September 27, 2005 - 05:26 PM

Come on, nobody needs this for a buck fifty? Oh well, EBAY!!!!!!

• BWB63

Posted September 27, 2005 - 05:45 PM

Any of you guys out there use the GPR front frame mount? The mount that goes around the frame at the steering stem. Barnum is using that or has and it much cheeper then the scotts front mount. I have the oil dip stick mount and hate it.
What arm do you use on the scotts if you are using the GPR forward fram mount? How did you get it?

• miguelitro

Posted September 27, 2005 - 06:27 PM

Any of you guys out there use the GPR front frame mount? The mount that goes around the frame at the steering stem. Barnum is using that or has and it much cheeper then the scotts front mount. I have the oil dip stick mount and hate it.
What arm do you use on the scotts if you are using the GPR forward fram mount? How did you get it?

I agree that the front GPR mount is nice but i still say the scotts is that much better of a damper...

• BWB63

Posted September 27, 2005 - 08:22 PM

Yes, the deal is you still use the Scotts but, use the the forward GPR post mount with the scotts. $80 difference and the GPR is a better mount. I have the stupid oil dip stick post mount with my scotts and what to change to the steering (front) stem post mont. Still Scotts

• qadsan

Posted September 27, 2005 - 08:48 PM

The GPR front post assembly does the job just fine for the Scotts or GRP V1 dampers, but it's a bit crude looking compared to the nice billet piece from Scotts, which is made by BRP. It really doesn't show, so unless you're super picky, that $80 savings is good for tires, or fuel, etc.

• BOLT Performance

Posted September 28, 2005 - 11:25 PM

What about the Protaper mount that supports the Scott and Computer...?

• TimBrp

Posted September 29, 2005 - 02:57 AM

I have the GPR and think it works great. Here in the northeast Highspeed dampers are not always what's best. I think the scott's is geared more towards road use and the GPR is the better of the two for off-road use. The GPR does have high/low speed damping just as the scotts it's just not as adjustable. However, for maintenance and ease of adjustability on the trail I think the GPR wins hands down, I guess it does for mounting also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted September 29, 2005 - 06:36 AM

What about the Protaper mount that supports the Scott and Computer...?

Are you talking about the triple clamp assembly from Scott's that BRP (Billet Racing Products) makes? If so, then if you buy the triple clamp assembly directly from BRP, you can ask them drill & tap the bar / stabilizer mount to accept both the Scotts and GPR dampers, which is what I've done. It makes things a little more versatile.

• Mikie1

Posted September 29, 2005 - 08:21 AM

I made my own Scotts under-the-bars/ forward tower setup before Scotts or BRP made one. I welded tabs to some high-rise bar clamps made for CR80/ Pro Taper triple clamp, and used the Scotts/ BRP front tower that I had to cut down to the right height. I also had to slot the bar clamps to make enough clearance the damper arm.

If you're gonna get a new triple clamp, contact Ron Wallace. His stuff is on eBay from time to time, and he makes a cool fork brace, too). He makes a triple clamp for the 650. If you ask him, he'll make it with integrated mounting posts for the Scotts or the GPR. Then you just need tall bar clamps and a GPR v.2 front tower and pin to complete the setup. You'll need the 35mm arm for the Scotts damper. That would be the neatest, cleanest setup, and then you could use the offset bar clamps to move the bars forward or back (depending on clearance to the adjuster buttons on the damper) to fit your preference. You could use standard or ProTaper bars that way, too, you'd only need the right bar clamps (cheap).

If I had it to do over again I would do it like this.

• qadsan

Posted September 29, 2005 - 08:58 AM

I recall the pics you posted of the mount you made a ways back before Soctts or BRP made them. It came out real clean :banghead:

Good point about the 35mm arm.

• BOLT Performance

Posted September 29, 2005 - 09:05 PM

Are you talking about the triple clamp assembly from Scott's that BRP (Billet Racing Products) makes? If so, then if you buy the triple clamp assembly directly from BRP, you can ask them drill & tap the bar / stabilizer mount to accept both the Scotts and GPR dampers, which is what I've done. It makes things a little more versatile.

No... on the ProTaper site there is a triple clamp mount to go along with their bars... and it has provisions for the Scotts and a Trailtech computer built in... Anyone familiar with this...? It even has a flex mount... Sounds PERFECT ! :banghead:

Posted Image

Here is a link to the page

• qadsan

Posted September 29, 2005 - 09:14 PM

Wow, that's kool. That's the first I've seen or heard about it. Nice setup :banghead:

• BOLT Performance

Posted September 29, 2005 - 09:19 PM

Pricey... $229 for triple clamp... $79 for the stabilizer/computer mount

• pbusanga

Posted September 30, 2005 - 12:40 AM

Hi everyone
slightly off topic but has anyone tried these stabilizers they look pretty high tech http://www.rttmotors..._stabilzers.htm

• BOLT Performance

Posted September 30, 2005 - 02:22 AM

I rode a guys KTM in Ocotillo that had a remote system... Was very cool to be able to control it from my thumb on the grip... Does Scotts have a remote option?

• cholwerk

Posted October 05, 2005 - 06:41 PM

Back to the point of this post.....Does anyone out there need a damper setup on the cheap?

Let me know. Otherwise, Back to EBAY.

• BOLT Performance

Posted October 05, 2005 - 07:29 PM

I apologize for my part in derailing your thread... I started reading it in the middle and didn't even know... Again.. My apology! :banghead:

Sounds like a GREAT deal... Someone should jump on it ASAP!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.