Need 4 exhaust studs for XR650L

7 replies to this topic
  • supaflyryan

Posted September 21, 2005 - 11:06 AM

Recently picked up a 94 XR650L and the only problem is the exhaust isn't mounted very securely where the headers meet the head. One stud is gone, one has a bolt seized, and two are stripped and slightly bent. I can get them out on my own, but I've had no luck at salvage yards in my area finding new ones. Anyone by any chance have some of these lying around, or a contact of where I can get some of these? Any help is appreciated!!!

• roadcam

Posted September 21, 2005 - 12:19 PM

should be able to buy metric-sized studs at any fastener supply store ... usually can find bolt, nut, fastener stores in your yellow pages ... OR, drill to next size up, and tap for plain old SAE threaded studs available at any hardware store

• supaflyryan

Posted September 21, 2005 - 03:56 PM

should be able to buy metric-sized studs at any fastener supply store ... usually can find bolt, nut, fastener stores in your yellow pages ... OR, drill to next size up, and tap for plain old SAE threaded studs available at any hardware store

That was my next step. I wasn't sure if they were Honda specific or anything. I'll give that a shot this week. Thanks!

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 21, 2005 - 05:44 PM

uuuuh.......maybe the local honda shop?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zeniac

Posted September 21, 2005 - 06:06 PM

I needed to replace one of the studs on my L. The Honda dealer said he could order them in, but wouldn't place a special order, and it would probably take a week to ten days to get in. I went over to the local Kawasaki dealer and was able to get a used one for free. I have found myself going to the Kawasaki dealer first for parts and accessories more and more, they treat me right, usually are able to get anything I need and always sell for less than MSRP. Our local Honda dealer couldn't care less about guys that prefer to do their own maintenance and treat me as if I am a bother, even though I have spent hundreds of dollars with them over the years. If Kawasaki comes out with a more dirt oriented replacement for the KLR I may be riding green.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 21, 2005 - 06:18 PM

or just a new bike to replace or just a new bike that is like the klr but is able to be taken off road

• don87xr600

Posted September 21, 2005 - 06:24 PM

yes, what he said.

• supaflyryan

Posted September 21, 2005 - 08:26 PM

I haven't ordered parts for my Jeep or motorcycle from dealers in years because of the prices so I wanted to avoid that route. I will definetely give it a shot but I wasn't sure if this was a common problem and there was an abundance of these somewhere. Thanks for the help.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.