Lowering WR450

12 replies to this topic
  • 230forsale

Posted September 19, 2005 - 04:12 PM

im looking at a '03 WR450F and i just realized the seat height :applause: and its purdy tall and im not a tall guy ~5'7"-5'8" on a good day. I was wonderin if you know any ways to lower the bike. Ive seen the link on the kouba link website and it says that its not intended for fast trail riding.
any help would be appriciated :banghead:

• Matty05

Posted September 19, 2005 - 04:46 PM

Suspention tuner to modify suspension AKA supermoto.
Completely reversable.

• 230forsale

Posted September 19, 2005 - 04:51 PM

do you knpow about how much it would cost for a suspension tuner to lower the suspension?

• joegambero

Posted September 19, 2005 - 04:53 PM

someone makes a lowering link for the rear shock that i got for my dads 05 wr450

it was real simple to put on or even take off but i cant remember where i got it

ill search it and get back to you

i think it was about $200 not cheap

• 230forsale

Posted September 19, 2005 - 05:03 PM

heres the link im thinking of
http://www.mountainm...oweringlink.php
"This product is designed for trail riding and not competition. The times when most people want the lower height is at lower trail riding speeds when they need to put a foot down, not at race speeds. When a person wants to either race or trail ride it only takes about 7 minutes to change the link with the bearings and seals already in the link."

• Matty05

Posted September 19, 2005 - 05:05 PM

do you knpow about how much it would cost for a suspension tuner to lower the suspension?

It all depends on what you get done.

I am in Australia so prices are different, cheaper in USA because of more
competition.

Here, around $800 - $1000 for everything done including parts like springs,
valving, servicing and custom set up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 230forsale

Posted September 19, 2005 - 05:13 PM

also how thick is the seat foam? could it be shaved mabey a 1/2" or an inch?

• joegambero

Posted September 19, 2005 - 05:20 PM

230forsale
that is the link that my dad has he got it with the bearings so he would be able to switch back real quick if he wanted

he has had no problems with it and he can now touch the ground

• 230forsale

Posted September 19, 2005 - 05:25 PM

"that is the link that my dad has he got it with the bearings so he would be able to switch back real quick if he wanted"
But does it have any problems riding fast on trails and do you think it would be a problem to race harescrambles with it on? btw im only about 130-135 w/o gear

• dman450f

Posted September 19, 2005 - 06:08 PM

"that is the link that my dad has he got it with the bearings so he would be able to switch back real quick if he wanted"
But does it have any problems riding fast on trails and do you think it would be a problem to race harescrambles with it on? btw im only about 130-135 w/o gear

I'll tell you one thing , at 130 lbs you will be one fast mother on that bike :applause: . who cares if it handles... :banghead:

• 230forsale

Posted September 19, 2005 - 06:38 PM

I'll tell you one thing , at 130 lbs you will be one fast mother on that bike :lol: . who cares if it handles... :banghead:

Well with boots, a full camelbak, helmet & goggles, and tools in the backpack i've never weighed myself but im guessin around 150 so that will help a bit with the weight. and i know im light to be on a 450 but i've found one and it has a great price and its only a couple of miles from where i live and if worst comes to worst i can sell it and get a 250 or just ride it :lol: and take some growth enhancers :applause:

• joegambero

Posted September 19, 2005 - 09:03 PM

i think that it will be fine my dad is a very fast rider and he has never had a problem he ways 160 and has never bottomed it out

• Joe Reitman

Posted September 21, 2005 - 01:29 PM

There is a recent thread on this topic with many suggestions. :banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.