07 WR450 Fuel Injection

21 replies to this topic
  • glovrin

Posted September 26, 2005 - 06:02 PM

the raptor 700 doesn't compensate for performance exhaust and is very difficult to diagnose running issues - the Yamaha computer scanner doesn't give you much. I think it would ruin a good thing - more money and more issues for the WR. A 660 raptor with a cheap slip on has more rear wheel HP than the FI 700 stock - adding an aggressive pipe to 700 runs it way lean on the dyno and only adds 1-2 HP - until somebody makes a power commander the 700 Raptor can't really gain any ponies.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted September 26, 2005 - 06:50 PM

I'm ready....... put the butter bars back on in production, (everyone wants their own bend on a set of pro tapers anyway), throw the saved production costs toward the FI and for gods sake figure out a way to cool the bike without the elephant ear shrouds. For the money I have shelled out to Acerbis for replacement shrouds I could have funded the FI R&D!!!

Aluminum frame and FI, hmmmmmmmmmmm.......... throw the short stroke motor back in and I'll pay $10K. (Thats what an EXC 450 will cost in 97' anyway!) :banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.