What's the real deal-

No replies to this topic
  • vorra65

Posted September 19, 2005 - 04:13 AM

I am now the proud owner of an '04 WR with 130 mi. on it. I had an '04 YFZ that I thoroughly enjoyed owning-till all my 4 wheel freinds decided they didn't have time to ride. Well after a year of riding with bikes only I figured it was time. 20 yr. since I had rode dirt- had a few sport bikes over that time but no moto/enduro riding. When I first rode the WR, I knew something minor was wrong. Only 1/4 throttle major stumble off idle and the throttle was hanging. The previous owner told me that he had installed the GYTR peashooter and nothing else-makes sense.

I spent yesterday, familiarizing myself with my new buddy. Let me say the owners manual is a little vague when it comes to performing even the simplest procedure-oh well. My first project was making it ridable. I jetted up, both main and pilot and went down 2 notches on the stock needle- 2 1/4 turns on the screw and installed the YZ stop. I also opened up the right side of the airbox (removed the knockouts) as well as removed the snorkel/venturi insert at the back of the airbox. Never did figure out how to get the airbox completely out of the frame-me thinks the subframe has to be removed?

1st kick, she popped off-needing only an idle adjustment. :applause: This doesn't even feel like the bike I test rode. Now I need to get some seat time in and fine tune things, as more than likely the jetting can be refined even more.

Back to my question-My YFZ was an '04 with a green sticker. Why on earth would the WR same year that sports the same plant-be red? Is it just beuaracracy (spl.) ? Anyone ideas?

Great forum, looking forward to much reading/learning. :banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.