bent front fork on my xr650r

5 replies to this topic
  • rohin13

Posted September 18, 2005 - 11:17 PM

I bought a 2001 xr650r a couple months ago and just started working on it today to get it running right and while ridding it I noticed the bike wanted to lean to one side and when I applied the front brake it would jerk the wheel to the other side. At first I thought the forks were just twisted but no, I took off the forks and found one of them quite bent. Has anyone seen this before. Anyone have some forks for sale?

• goblin127

Posted September 19, 2005 - 01:54 AM

You should be able to have them fixed. Ive had them done before.

• roadcam

Posted September 19, 2005 - 06:32 AM

I've straightened a few fork tubes quite easily, really ... the ones I've done were pretty malleable steel, easy to bend ... first, I roll the tube on a good FLAT workbench, luckily I have a machinist friend that has a huge steel bench that has been machined perfectly flat,.. then just put the tube in a press, pushing it just a slight amount each time, the re-check it until it's straight ...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Eric Henion

Posted September 19, 2005 - 11:04 AM

years ago I worked at a Honda shop ant the guys in the service dept could make them straight in no time. I believe they used a set of v blocks, a dial indicator and a hyd press.

• rohin13

Posted September 19, 2005 - 11:41 AM

Cool. Thanks for the replies and advice. I guess I'll try to bend it back somehow.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 19, 2005 - 04:25 PM

hehe, i would use a tree.......and a ratchet tie down but a real big one......maybe an engine lifter?

Related Content

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.