Dry clutch plates

3 replies to this topic
  • Steve928

Posted September 18, 2005 - 09:04 PM

I've got an '02 650r. The motor is stock, except for the uncorking, with a pro circuit full system. I removed the judder spring and added the full size fiber disc in the clutch, with the heavy duty honda springs, and neither myself or my racing partner abuse the clutch. The clutch doesn't slip under a load however, when I stop then begin to go again it grabs very harsh and makes a terrible noise. When I took the clutch apart, all of the plates are dry, and yes they were soaked prior to install. I have gone through everything I can think of on the bike. Can anyone help?

• knuklehead

Posted September 19, 2005 - 06:38 AM

I think you should put judder back in,and one extra steel, take out extra fiber. that how i have mine set up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted September 19, 2005 - 08:53 AM

Mine did the same thing. Make sure your basket isn't grooved. Sounds like the fibers are getting hung up.

• Steve928

Posted September 26, 2005 - 11:01 PM

Thanks Tim I will give 'er a try.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.