Split in fuel tank

3 replies to this topic
  • gmiles

Posted September 18, 2005 - 11:39 AM

I have found a small split in my fuel tank. Its underneath the tank at the end where the rubber band holds the tank still.
Do you gents have any idea what I can do to seal it?????

• matt116

Posted September 18, 2005 - 12:20 PM

I had my tank spit to.
I used a plastic welder kinda looks like a soldier gun but blows out a concentrated stream of hot air about 3/16 dia.
You may have to bevel out the crack to get penatration and use some filler, I took a razor blade and cut some slivers off the bottom of the tank to use as a filler. You must use a filler that is chemically the same or the "weld" won't stick.
o-ya make sure you clean the area really good iso alcohol works good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted September 18, 2005 - 12:24 PM

Plastic welder does the trick, but if your in a pinch...use soap.

I would just buy a new gas tank, though. Try one from Clarke.

• bg10459

Posted September 18, 2005 - 05:18 PM

someone posted on this recently. I think it may have been replaced by the dealer for free :banghead: . Do a search.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.