Should You Guys Buy A 450f?

3 replies to this topic
  • dman450f

Posted September 18, 2005 - 09:16 AM

Many are asking if they should buy an 05 or 06 wr...went riding yesterday with a bunch of dudes on various makes of bikes,,,KTM 300 2stroke, crf450x,crf450f,crf250x, and oh yeah , my kid on his ttr . All day long they all would say , hey , you should ride my bike man , its fast!! And I would say , I really dont want to quit riding my bike . they would all drag each other off and on . the ktm 300 is phsyco :applause: I have my bike pretty well moded , but no pipe..at the end of the day we were all kind of cruising along with me at the front and low and behold we all just kind of lined up and WHAM! I pinned the 450 in third :lol: , slammed fourth and held it till the rev limiter hit , probably about 80 or so...and left everyone behind..the ktm got a little late start though....anyway , when we all stopped to figure out what happened they would say, man I couldnt get any traction , or something like that :lol: . if I would have tagged fifth they never would have caught me. period.. :moon:every ride I become more comfy on the dub and cant believe how good it handels . so , my point is this . all day long I could have ridden any of those great bikes . I almost bought the 450X , but I wasnt even remotely interested . really . my answer to ALL you guys who keep asking us if you should buy a wr is yes , after all the work on the mods and everything . yes.... :banghead: see ya , DC...

• Bamster

Posted September 18, 2005 - 12:43 PM

I rode a KTM 300 exc 05 last weekend and I was amazed. No it wasn't a rocket
and didn't feel as fast as my WR 400. The power was just very tracktable and easy to control. You could lug it down like a four stroke with smooth power off the bottom and no arm yanking hit as it rev ed out. It did take a little getting used to no engine braking. Other than that it was perfect for woods riding.
It handled like a dream, light a nimble. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Summit

Posted September 18, 2005 - 02:08 PM

I'd just add this. I bought an 05 WR 450 earlier this summer and did all the free mods and ais removal and jetting. Like dman, I'm getting more confident and comfortable on every ride and quite simply this bike rocks. Are there better 450's out there? I dunno, maybe but I like this bike so much I also wouldn't want to take time out from riding it to try the others and I just think that really speaks for how satisfied I am and really, that's what it's all about. And after having it a while now I wouldn't even consider another choice and would definitely buy it again.

• dman450f

Posted September 18, 2005 - 02:47 PM

I'd just add this. I bought an 05 WR 450 earlier this summer and did all the free mods and ais removal and jetting. Like dman, I'm getting more confident and comfortable on every ride and quite simply this bike rocks. Are there better 450's out there? I dunno, maybe but I like this bike so much I also wouldn't want to take time out from riding it to try the others and I just think that really speaks for how satisfied I am and really, that's what it's all about. And after having it a while now I wouldn't even consider another choice and would definitely buy it again.

THATS , what im talking about... :banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.