d/s 426...

2 replies to this topic
  • yogist

Posted September 18, 2005 - 05:23 AM

My budget for another bike is 4000.00...Im not going to find a wr 450 in this range...Im thinkin of picking up a 2001 426 , There are several in the trader for 3000.00....Putting an e line stator...450.00 dual baja or piaa lights on it..250.00..tailight, brakelight..100.00 and a speedo of some sort, trailtech
or whatever..say around 200.00..puts me around 4000.00....
Street legal it so I can run amuck without being harrassed by forest rangers..

Has anybody done these mods to a 426...?? I been searching the sight , seems like a real reliable bike..There in the trader with all the guards and desert tanks etc. for around 3000.00..Anything I should look for in particular
when buying one..?? This sounds like a fun project,Are those 100 watt baja lights street legal ?? Any body have any reccomendations on a cheap speedometer...??
Thanx in advance for any input.. :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 93gt

Posted September 18, 2005 - 06:16 AM

The Trailtech is a bargain IMOP. Its compact and works nicely! $89. :banghead:

• 02YZ426

Posted September 18, 2005 - 06:47 AM

I have my 426 street legal... check "my garage" out... I have a list of the parts I used. I also have a TrailTech speedometer (new) and a used billet protector I will be selling if your interested.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.