WR450 on the road

22 replies to this topic
  • imdickie

Posted January 16, 2006 - 03:36 PM

Glovrin--- where in the California do you live? What was your magic to get a plate on your 2006 WR450F? The general consensus in the San Diego area is forget about trying to dual sport 2005 and newer WR450F's, the DMV here is up to speed on the EPA sticker situation.

I second that. I have heard of several people able to do it but no one experience is the same as the other. Mostly it is a dealer that is willing to check off the box that says Street instead of OHV. The other is a friendly or stupid DMV clerk. All I know is I am getting one and I want to ride the hills behind my house.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bogieknight

Posted January 17, 2006 - 05:06 PM

I've just picked up this thread and as a UK rider I agree with StranglerFan. I recently got rid of a ZX6R and bought my WR450 to ride both on and off road and I don't miss it at all.

I've got a set of 17inch Excel rims on Talon hubs, with Bridgestone BT 090 tyres. Gearing is 15/39. It's flicky, light, manoeverable and turns in easier than the ZX6 and the torque on the road is great. Overtaking is no problem. Believe it or not I've had 110 mph out of it too!

You can whip the road wheels off and sort the chain out within an hour and go and get filthy too. What more can you ask for?

The bike is a real hoot. I loved my ZX6 as it was a real blasting tool but my only regret is that I didn't get the WR sooner.

Supermoto/Dual Sport works well on this bike. Go for it! :thumbsup:

• Beejay

Posted January 18, 2006 - 05:12 PM

I've got my 06 on the road although only 1000km on, standard gearing, not too much topend, a bit of steering wobble at about 110kmh.
Eats back tyres though.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.