Same question....still looking for others .02

9 replies to this topic
  • jeffw

Posted September 16, 2005 - 05:26 PM

All right, looking to get an e button light enduro (almost anything is light after the BRP) I can occassional play w/ at the MX track. Here are my options:

'05 CRF450X $7,000 out the door

or

'04 (new leftover) WR450f $5700 out the door

damn choices....... :banghead:

Thanks for any input

(same post on the CRF forum)

• dman450f

Posted September 16, 2005 - 05:42 PM

All right, looking to get an e button light enduro (almost anything is light after the BRP) I can occassional play w/ at the MX track. Here are my options:

'05 CRF450X $7,000 out the door

or

damn choices....... :banghead:

Thanks for any input

(same post on the CRF forum)

you can get an 05 wr for 6 grand and the valves wont fly out your pipe like a shotgun... :applause:

• dman450f

Posted September 16, 2005 - 05:44 PM

by the way , I can afford to buy anything I want , well almost ...anyway I have the wr and wouldnt do it any different.... :banghead:

• Joe Reitman

Posted September 16, 2005 - 06:52 PM

2nd the 05 WR- big improvements that year. Results- Cycle World Enduro bike of the year, over the Honda, KTM and Husky.

• old man dan

Posted September 16, 2005 - 07:40 PM

I've had almost nothing but Hondas before but this time went with 05wr 450 after trying a couple of other options. The 05 is very different from the 04. Is there anybody you know that has either of the machines you want that will let you try out before you buy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gobigblue

Posted September 16, 2005 - 09:19 PM

YAMAHA!!!! :banghead:

• stonewall

Posted September 17, 2005 - 03:27 AM

You can get an '05 WR450 for $5700 or less OTD if you shop around. That's what I paid in January and I know they're cheaper now that the '06's are out.

• 6fiddy

Posted September 17, 2005 - 06:17 AM

I sold my 2002 xr650r 4 months ago. Bought a lightly used 2002 wr426. I loved the big red pig, dont get me wrong but the difference is HUGE. The power to weight ratio is significant and the maintenance isnt much different. I can ride faster/longer/and safer on the WR cause its so much lighter i dont get as fatigued as i did on the BRP. The slight low end bog on my bike is my only gripe. That will be addressed and eliminated soon. Just like any bike, you have to tweak it a little to unlock ALL the potential out of it!

• jeffw

Posted September 17, 2005 - 10:43 PM

I sold my 2002 xr650r 4 months ago. Bought a lightly used 2002 wr426. I loved the big red pig, dont get me wrong but the difference is HUGE. The power to weight ratio is significant and the maintenance isnt much different. I can ride faster/longer/and safer on the WR cause its so much lighter i dont get as fatigued as i did on the BRP. The slight low end bog on my bike is my only gripe. That will be addressed and eliminated soon. Just like any bike, you have to tweak it a little to unlock ALL the potential out of it!

Just the input I was lookin' for....thks! :banghead:

• pkcof

Posted September 17, 2005 - 11:24 PM

woah, the Yamaha 05WR450F is damn hard to beat on price and in the real world of riding ... check it out !!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.