05WR450 Should I get one??

6 replies to this topic
  • 02YZ426

Posted September 16, 2005 - 05:02 PM

Hey guys.. Now that I converted my YZ426 to a supermoto I am left with nothing for the dirt, So I'm considering to buy a WR. I used to race motocross and really like the YZF.. but now I want to leave motocross and get into some enduro racing. So my question is will the 05WR450 impress me? I will still want to hit the ocassionaly double and ride the mx tracks but will mostly be doing trails. I have read about the mods that can be done to these bikes but in the end will it hold up to some abuse on the track? Or should I just get another YZF and add some flywheel weight? Thanks

• simon@vic

Posted September 16, 2005 - 05:24 PM

you will love the wr450!!! stock gearing will be perfect for off-road in Ontario.

if you didn't already know, be warned!!! it comes from the factory very restricted. so you will have to tweek it .also YZ450 exhaust cam is a must.

• dman450f

Posted September 16, 2005 - 05:46 PM

Hey guys.. Now that I converted my YZ426 to a supermoto I am left with nothing for the dirt, So I'm considering to buy a WR. I used to race motocross and really like the YZF.. but now I want to leave motocross and get into some enduro racing. So my question is will the 05WR450 impress me? I will still want to hit the ocassionaly double and ride the mx tracks but will mostly be doing trails. I have read about the mods that can be done to these bikes but in the end will it hold up to some abuse on the track? Or should I just get another YZF and add some flywheel weight? Thanks

WARNING...if you buy it , you will be happy... :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Joe Reitman

Posted September 16, 2005 - 06:50 PM

I used to mx alot but now more trails. I have an 03 kx250, revalved suspension, pipe, reeds, rejetted, various other mods. The WR compares well to the suspension, power and handling of the KX. I think you would be very satisfied with the WR. :banghead:

• 02YZ426

Posted September 17, 2005 - 02:30 PM

Do you guys think that I'll have to totally redo the suspension so it will handle the jumps like my YZ426? Also, once I've done all the freebie mods and some new cams will it rip the same as the YZ450? Thanks

• pkcof

Posted September 18, 2005 - 12:47 AM

well i went from a '01 WR360 HUSKY to a '04 TE450 HUSKY to a '05WR450F and that's about where i'm gonna stay for quite some time. Sure it's restricted and it needs a few mods but that's a small price to pay for a competitive enduro motorcycle. Have a ride on a derestricted version and i'm sure you won't look back (except to see where your mates are !)

• 02YZ426

Posted September 18, 2005 - 07:05 AM

Thanks for the info guys :banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.