powercore insert

2 replies to this topic
  • Anthony CRF450

Posted September 16, 2005 - 03:51 PM

hi guys
i have an 05 wr450 with a powerbomb header and powercore 4 silence and considering installing a fmf quiet core insert. (way too loud)
has anyone done this?
is it a lot quieter or just a gimik?
did it affect power delivery?
did jets need to be adjusted? what do you tweak i.e needle or just fuel screw?
any other coments on this insert appreciated?

Thanks heaps :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Cedric

Posted September 16, 2005 - 08:34 PM

Try searching for this, I think Indy swears by this setup. If I recall correctly, he found this to be the best compromise b/w power and noise, even better than the FMF Q. I want to get one for my (too loud) PC 4, but I've been dragging my @ss on the issue.

• ncmountainman

Posted September 17, 2005 - 06:28 AM

i ran that setup on my wr (pb/pc4/qc insert) and it worked well,mine tested at 98db(103 without). yes it takes a tiny bit of bottom away but if noise is an issue its worth it. its a way better setup than the Q as far as power :banghead: it may require turning the fuel screw in a little (maybe 1/2 turn) because it will tend to richen it up.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.