Pic's after Dual sport kit installed

19 replies to this topic
  • ImpalaR1

Posted September 16, 2005 - 01:55 PM

I ordered it from http://www.procycle.us/main/dskit.htm, I wanted to find someone close so shipping would be fast, it took 1 day to get here. And Jeff was really helpful when i was installing it, i called him probably 5 time's asking how to wire each circuit. I got it done in about 2 1/2 hours, just because i had to sit and think for like a half hour how to feed power and ground each switch so it would work in the end. And i finished up and turned the bike on and everything worked :banghead:, i was suprised i did it right the first try . All the parts in his kit are great quality and the turn signals are small and really strong, so that's a plus. Why spend $500 on a baja kit? This works perfect, and who needs instructions? I've never really wired anything except speakers, and this was easy for me. The Manual helped with the stock wiring layout on the bike, which helped find ground's etc...

Posted Image
Posted Image

edit: more
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• XRsteve

Posted September 16, 2005 - 02:39 PM

Hey, nice bike! But we can't see the headlight. Is that a kill switch above the turn signal switch? And do the lights stay bright at idle? Looking at your bike makes me want to sell my 650L and get a 650R instead. But then again, electric start is kinda nice.

• pwrpapa

Posted September 16, 2005 - 02:48 PM

I would like to get a 650R too after looking at it.
Nice job........Nice bike also.......

• ImpalaR1

Posted September 16, 2005 - 02:51 PM

The red button is the high/low for the headlight, the kill switch is a trigger on the top back side. Hold on i'll go take some more pic's. By the way, i didn't order a headlight from Procycle because that's the only thing i didn't like in that kit, so i just ordered a acerbis DHH one to use instead (which isn't here yet, so my bike has the stock headlight on it still. But i''l switch the turn signals to the new one when it come's.

• ImpalaR1

Posted September 16, 2005 - 03:38 PM

Hey, nice bike! But we can't see the headlight. Is that a kill switch above the turn signal switch? And do the lights stay bright at idle? Looking at your bike makes me want to sell my 650L and get a 650R instead. But then again, electric start is kinda nice.

I edited the first post with some more pic's that u wanted. The lights do flicker when it's at idle, but that's with stock power. Rewind the stator and that wouldn't be the case. But as is it's perfect for me, the lights get fully bright right above idle, so it really isn't an issue. the turn signals are really bright. But as u can see in the last pic, my headlight is cracked, so that's why i ordered a acerbis one.

• GGrider

Posted September 16, 2005 - 07:08 PM

Excellent job ! I am in the market for a dualsport setup, prefer the larger displacement bikes, the 650R is appealing cause of its lighter weight. One question, any thoughts on a speedo or computer on your bike ? I definitely would need to control my speed on a 650R on the highway.

Thanks for posting your pics. I just bought some parts from Jeff today for my CR500, he knows motorcycles !

• ImpalaR1

Posted September 17, 2005 - 09:18 AM

Yea Jeff knew everything i asked right away. I'll definently be ordering my stuff from him in the future.

My next purchase is a digital speedo, there really easy to install and they actually record ur milage above 100 mile's. The stock odometer rolls over at 100 mile intervals so it's impossible to tell how many mile's it has. I also want to get the stator upgrade from Jeff that puts out 200 watts.

• ImpalaR1

Posted September 17, 2005 - 09:21 AM

And the other upgrade i already started is polishing the frame. Since those pic's, i've polished the right side of the frame (just the visible parts), I didn't want to take the whole frame out. That aluminum polish's to chrome really fast, and looks great.

• al_piv

Posted September 19, 2005 - 08:15 AM

BajaDesigns has an analog speedo for cheap or was that thumperracing

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 19, 2005 - 04:24 PM

e start is a must for me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x400r

Posted September 21, 2005 - 05:26 AM

so what did it cost you?

• ImpalaR1

Posted September 21, 2005 - 01:14 PM

$170 include's a High/low headlight, But i payed $130 for the kit without a headlight.

• Jayzonk

Posted September 21, 2005 - 07:25 PM

Good lookin' bike! Sorry you had to go through all that trouble, though. BTW, what's up with the short front fender? Did you ride the short bus to school? :banghead:

• ImpalaR1

Posted September 22, 2005 - 08:58 AM

The front fender was ugly, so i chopped it.

• wolfy

Posted September 25, 2005 - 07:36 AM

Yea Jeff knew everything i asked right away. I'll definently be ordering my stuff from him in the future.

My next purchase is a digital speedo, there really easy to install and they actually record ur milage above 100 mile's. The stock odometer rolls over at 100 mile intervals so it's impossible to tell how many mile's it has. I also want to get the stator upgrade from Jeff that puts out 200 watts.

If you can hold out until Nov / Dec, Trailtech is coming out with a new computer that is a speedo with built in tach and engine temp. It's called the vapor, talked with a sales rep and he said probably be released in Dec. for no more than $130.

( http://www.trailtech.net ) No info on the sight yet just a short video.

• cat0020

Posted September 25, 2005 - 03:04 PM

It's been hard work, 6 trips to the autotag place, 3 letters to the PennDOT, one trip to the PA State Police Barrack with my XR on the trailer, but I finally got my XR650R street legal in PA.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now it just needs a steering damper..

• Moredesert

Posted September 26, 2005 - 08:14 AM

I did my own using UFO lights. I spent about $200. Now I have black rims with Avon Gripsters that I switch out when I ride street only.

http://moredesert.co...XR_Driveway.gif
http://moredesert.co...XR_Dualspt2.gif
http://moredesert.co...R_Dualsport.gif

• Moredesert

Posted September 26, 2005 - 04:49 PM

IMO a fender brace is key to the dual sport kit. I bought mine at www.fourstrokeworks.com

http://www.fourstrok...fenderbrace.jpg

• Max Power

Posted September 26, 2005 - 06:59 PM

Welcome to the barely legal club.

Posted Image

• pbusanga

Posted September 27, 2005 - 01:04 AM

And the other upgrade i already started is polishing the frame. Since those pic's, i've polished the right side of the frame (just the visible parts), I didn't want to take the whole frame out. That aluminum polish's to chrome really fast, and looks great.

hi i have been thinking about polishing the frame how did you go about it would appreciate any pics thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.