Emissions sticker 600L, 650L question

4 replies to this topic
  • Rannoch

Posted September 15, 2005 - 04:39 PM

Hey,

Could someone that has a 650L or a 600L tell me what their emissions sticker says on it? Better yet, take a pic of it? Does it have the model on it?

Most importantly, does it say "Meets EPA and California emissions..." on it? NOT "Meets Off Highway emissions?"

Also, a dealer can order these for me, right? Mine.. er.. fell off... my.. XR.. yeah.

California sucks.

Thanks!

• HC

Posted September 15, 2005 - 09:09 PM

yes mine fell off too, need to cruise a bone yard maybe

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRsteve

Posted September 15, 2005 - 09:34 PM

Ok, this is what my 1999 XR650L says:

On the inside of the left side cover:
VEHICLE EMISSION CONTROL INFORMATION-HONDA MOTOR CO.,LTD.
ENGINE FAMILY IDENTIFICATION-XHNXCO. 64ABA DISPLACEMENT-644cc
IDLE SPEED (IN NEUTRAL 1300+ 100rpm AT NOMAL OPERATION TEMP
FAST IDLE SPEED NO ADJUSTMENT IGNITION TIMING NO ADJUSTMENT
IDLE MIXTURE SETTING NO ADJUSTMENT VALVE LASH IN .10mm EX .12mm
FUEL GASOLINE 91RON MIN SEE OWNERS MANUAL FOR GASOLINES CONTAINING ALCOHOL
LUBRICANT SAE 10W-40 SF or SG GRADE
SPARK PLUG & GAP NGK DPR8EA-9, ND X24EPR-U9 OR EQUIVALENT .8-.9mm
THIS VEHICLE CONFORMS TO USEPA REGUALTION APPLICABLE TO 1999 MODEL YEAR NEW MOTORCYCLES

And it says this on the rear fender:
MOTORCYCLE NOISE EMISSION CONTROL INFORMATION
THIS 1999 HONMY60650 MOTORCYCLE,P1, MEETS EPA NOISE EMISSION REQUIREMENTS OF 80dBA AT 3400RPM BY THE FEDERAL TEST PROCEDURE. MODIFICATIONS WHICH CAUSE THIS MOTORCYCLE TO EXCEED FEDERAL NOISE STANDARDS ARE PROHIBITED BY FEDERAL LAW. SEE OWNER'S MANUAL

This is an Oregon model, so California models are probably different. Hope this helps!

• Rannoch

Posted September 16, 2005 - 07:03 AM

Thanks!

• HC

Posted September 16, 2005 - 10:53 PM

thanks!!!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.