Boyesen water pump kit

1 reply to this topic
  • Ronin 26

Posted September 15, 2005 - 02:25 PM

Anyone tried one of these? Larger high flow impeller and a new cover. How do they work?? Does the bike run much cooler?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted September 15, 2005 - 03:37 PM

i've used it and i have 2 schools of thought on these things, one is at lower rpm as in tight enduro/hs they work well,making up for lack of flow. the other being at high revs such as mx/high speed off road they actually reduce cooling capacity by moving the fluid too fast and also causing turbulence along the lines of cavitation. my best results at cooling so far have come from fluidyne rads and the stock water pump. i know racers that actually shave the fins on the stock impeller to reduce the flow for improved cooling at high rpm :banghead:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.