uncorking a 2000 xr600r

2 replies to this topic
  • billg

Posted September 15, 2005 - 03:41 AM

I am in the process of getting a 2000 xr600r and was wondering how or what is the best way to uncork this bike? I have read about the 650r but not the 600. Can anyone please help me? I would also like to know what pipe and header to buy? Which brand gives this beast the most power? I don't want any engine mods because I want her to be very reliable. Anyone out there with good advice because I'm listening. By the way the 2000 xr600 has only 25 miles on it. It is brand new. The guy used the bike to get his mail on a half mile long dirt driveway. I picked the bike up for 3000.00 with a brand new baja design kit included in the price. Please advise and thanks to all in this forum. I have been contemplating buying a big bore 4 stroke for almost 10 years and found one that always wanted in the last production year that is brand new. Thanks again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • oldturtle

Posted September 15, 2005 - 06:38 AM

I had a 93 XR600 and all I did was to remove the airbox snorkle and remove the very small center restricted portion of stock exhaust baffle. Removing the entire baffle was just too loud for my taste and where I rode. I originally went up one size on main and pilot but after riding for a few months I decided this was too rich and went back to stock factory jetting and rode this way for 6 years. Only reason for selling was the new 650R. I think aftermarket exhaust is waste of money and will not make you any faster. You will be much better off to spend money on getting suspension fine tuned for your weight and riding style. Also get lots of fresh grease to all bearings.

• XRMANU

Posted September 15, 2005 - 01:07 PM

http://www.4strokes....onda/10tips.asp :banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.