Suspension Tips Please

3 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 21, 2001 - 05:15 PM

Does anyone know a source for basic information about setting the suspension on my, new to me, 00 WR400? I have the owners manual but it doesn't tell me which adjustments to make to get my desired responses. I took my first long ride today. My trip odo said, 123 but my back and butt said 250. The ride was desert, combined 2 track and rough rocky trail. I set the rear spring to 2.0 inches and the shocks to the factory standard settings before the ride. I was surprised to find that it beat me on every 3 inch bump or rock. Which adjustments will help soften the high speed 2 track ride?

• Bill

Posted March 21, 2001 - 05:37 PM

MX-Tech has an excellent guide to suspension tuning. Go to the links section of ThumperTalk and click on the link.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 03-21-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • olson_jr

Posted March 22, 2001 - 04:27 PM

2" of rear sag may be a little taunt, I believe I'm set at about 3 1/2"

Better double check the manual before your next ride!

• Bill

Posted March 22, 2001 - 05:18 PM

95(3.74")-100mm's(3.94") :)

Bill

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.