performance upgrades for crf250x?

7 replies to this topic
  • crf250xpert

Posted September 14, 2005 - 07:39 PM

i have a crf250x and personaly could use some more power. my girlfriend has a 250r and the power difference is very noticable!! besides who wants their girlfriend to have a faster bike!!!not I. anyways would a 250r cam be a good investment? im not looking to spend alot of money either. thanks!!

• Richracer1

Posted September 14, 2005 - 09:43 PM

Use the "search" feature. This subject has been brought up many, many, many times.

Cams, big bore kits, CCC mods, jetting, higher comp. pistons and so on.

• Joewith250X

Posted September 15, 2005 - 04:42 AM

like he said, do a search, but to start...

JD Jet kit, open air box, pink wire, power now (under $200)

then move to the R cam or a Hot Cam, and a 270 kit (over $500)

• Puttikan

Posted September 15, 2005 - 05:42 AM

i have a crf250x and personaly could use some more power. my girlfriend has a 250r and the power difference is very noticable!! besides who wants their girlfriend to have a faster bike!!!not I. anyways would a 250r cam be a good investment? im not looking to spend alot of money either. thanks!!

But, is your girlfriend the faster rider ?

If she is, take her for a really long ride, she will be tired as all hell after it, and then when she is asleep swap some parts over like for example the cam and head, she may notice the pipe if you swap that.

Then wham bam thank you mam, you have the faster bike disguised as an X.

And she wont know what happened, you hope.

Oh yeah, you saved your money too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • littledog

Posted September 15, 2005 - 08:26 AM

270 kit is amazing. Gives you loads of bottom end, but may not make it "faster". That is up the rider.

• crf250xpert

Posted September 15, 2005 - 01:19 PM

what is pink wire? i have herd about power now but i know nothing about it.and how much does a 270 kit run for, and what are the advantages?
thanks guys this gives me a better idea of what to search for.
ps. no she is not the faster rider!!!!!:banghead:

• CowboyBob

Posted September 16, 2005 - 09:14 AM

Here's the fix:
Take her out for a ride in really rough, technical terrain. Whenever she gets stuck, put YOUR bike on the KICKSTAND and go help her get going.
Then PUSH YOUR BUTTON to fire up YOUR bike and keep riding.

Once you demonstrate the OBVIOUS benefits of the "X", she will want to swap you bikes!

As far as upgrades for the "X"??????
Get rid of the stock Grips and go ride it!

• MVJLUVSDRZ

Posted September 16, 2005 - 09:27 AM

Here's the fix:
Take her out for a ride in really rough, technical terrain. Whenever she gets stuck, put YOUR bike on the KICKSTAND and go help her get going.
Then PUSH YOUR BUTTON to fire up YOUR bike and keep riding.

Once you demonstrate the OBVIOUS benefits of the "X", she will want to swap you bikes!

As far as upgrades for the "X"??????
Get rid of the stock Grips and go ride it!

Well I agree with the 'E' button being a big plus but the 'cali' version of the 250X is a dog when stock. JD kit makes a big difference. Opening the airbox and uncorking the exhaust also helps after its rejetted. Pink wire mod makes no sense to me. From what ive been told it changes the ignition mapping and raises the peak RPM's. Why would you want higher rpm's? With an already fragile valve train you dont want to be up that high and also it quits making power after around 11,500-12,00 rpm's anyway so why go more.

Overall its a great bike but my son is getting bored with his. Were gonna go with the 'R' cam, high comp piston, since it needs its first rebuild after 130 hours with no problems until now it just closed the right intake.

Related Content

Wiki
Motocross Cylinder Head Quiz by Fastheads.com - last post by Fastheads (BK)

Motocross Cylinder Head Quiz by Fastheads.com

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

what should i buy? 230f or 250x? by offroad circus

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250X
  • Hot  27 replies
Forums
Photo

If you had to vote a 250f most reliable by Ride_blue82

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

KDX 200 vs CRF 250 X? :D by 01KDX200

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  25 replies
Forums
Photo

CRF250X vs KTM 250 XCF-W by mx_forever

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250X
  • Hot  39 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.