2000 xr600r-PLEASE HELP

9 replies to this topic
  • billg

Posted September 14, 2005 - 07:08 PM

I have a chance to buy a 2000 xr600r for 3000.00 plus a brand new baja designs kit still new and in box. Is this a fair price? The bike has literally 25 miles on it and still has the original tires. It has been stored in a heated garage all these years and I am buying it from the original owner. It looks literally brand new and runs great!!! Also, what is the best way to unleash its power (uncorked). I have read threads on uncorking the new 650r but not the 600. What mods would you recommend without touching the motor. I am thinking elderbrock carb, pipe, header and different air cleaner/filter and rejetting her. Is this necessary on the 600 like the 650? All help is much appreciated. I am an older rider and would buy a 650r but the 600s are so damn comfortable and have very good power stock and i am curious if those simple mods would make this truely great. Am I over paying for this beauty? It truely is a museum piece sort of speak. Thanks for all your help

• Max Power

Posted September 14, 2005 - 07:20 PM

I have a chance to buy a 2000 xr600r for 3000.00 plus a brand new baja designs kit still new and in box. Is this a fair price? The bike has literally 25 miles on it and still has the original tires. It has been stored in a heated garage all these years and I am buying it from the original owner. It looks literally brand new and runs great!!! Also, what is the best way to unleash its power (uncorked). I have read threads on uncorking the new 650r but not the 600. What mods would you recommend without touching the motor. I am thinking elderbrock carb, pipe, header and different air cleaner/filter and rejetting her. Is this necessary on the 600 like the 650? All help is much appreciated. I am an older rider and would buy a 650r but the 600s are so damn comfortable and have very good power stock and i am curious if those simple mods would make this truely great. Am I over paying for this beauty? It truely is a museum piece sort of speak. Thanks for all your help

Buy it... Ride it... and see if you need more power. That is a collectors item. Well at least the seat is.

• rmhrc630

Posted September 14, 2005 - 07:50 PM

photos???

• LVThumper

Posted September 14, 2005 - 07:50 PM

Being the proud owner of a 97 XR 600, I can say that if you are older (ie gonna sit a lot) the seat is worth every penny! New carb, header and pipe, adjust the gearing to your liking, and you'll be a happy camper! :applause: I would say the price is pretty fair, not a steal, but very fair.

Good Luck! :banghead:

• pwrpapa

Posted September 14, 2005 - 08:48 PM

I think that's a darn good buy. I would jump on it with only 25 miles.
It would do every thing you ask it to do plus a little more.
Are you going to ride on the street, or all dirt riding or both?
I would keep it stock for now, at least for a while until you get used to it.

A motorcycle with that kind of mileage is worth every penny.
Or you could pay 6500.00 for a new one........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR4DEZ

Posted September 14, 2005 - 08:56 PM

My 99 was a great bike, not as good as a 650,but a real good bike.3000 bucks is a good price, if it's clean, that's what I sold mine for in 03 and it had over 20K miles.Go for it!

• cholwerk

Posted September 14, 2005 - 09:15 PM

Did they make 650r's and 600r's in 2000? I thought they only make 650r's...

• pwrpapa

Posted September 14, 2005 - 09:18 PM

I think 2000 was the last year of the 600R. :banghead:

• captb

Posted September 14, 2005 - 09:33 PM

I'd take the deal, make sure you get a full tank of gas with it. :banghead:

• x400r

Posted September 15, 2005 - 05:20 AM

I might offer $2500-2800. 3000 might not be bad with the dual sport kit. seems alittle high when you can get newer 650r for that. but if it is like new I am sure it will be money well spent.

or let me buy it. :banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.