Exhaust inserts

36 replies to this topic
  • freestyle250

Posted September 14, 2005 - 04:56 PM

Who can tell me what about those cheap (i think they're 40 bucks) exhaust inserts? do they give more HP or just a louder sound.

• bg10459

Posted September 14, 2005 - 05:27 PM

You should get louder and more power with the insert than with the stock baffle, but quieter and less power than completely uncorked.

• Joe Reitman

Posted September 14, 2005 - 06:51 PM

Mild hp increase- maybe more if jetted properly

Mine produced nominaL sound increase- from Quietiscool.com- see review I put up tonight. :banghead:

• OLD DAWG

Posted September 14, 2005 - 07:08 PM

I went with a GYT one and it seemed to make the bike a little more responsive without any noticable noise increase.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted September 14, 2005 - 09:41 PM

GYT-R, Pro Moto Billet, and Quiet is Cool all seem to have great products. I have the GYT-R, its nice when I want to run quiet, and has lots more power than stock baffle. When noise is not an issue, I run an aftermarket system, also GYT-R.

• 96warrior

Posted September 14, 2005 - 09:52 PM

I run a gytr, there is a big difference between this and running the stock, pen hole sized baffle.

The bike does have alot more throttle respose completely uncorked. But is also waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy to loud. A gytr insert, with removing your lid, rejetting, pulling the grey wire, and installing a yz throttle stop will make your bike a whole new animal capable of doing pretty much anything you want.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted September 14, 2005 - 09:55 PM

I run a gytr, there is a big difference between this and running the stock, pen hole sized baffle.

The bike does have alot more throttle respose completely uncorked. But is also waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy to loud. A gytr insert, with removing your lid, rejetting, pulling the grey wire, and installing a yz throttle stop will make your bike a whole new animal capable of doing pretty much anything you want.

Well said. :banghead:

• RichBaker

Posted September 15, 2005 - 09:40 AM

I had a GYT-R, lost it when the bolt fell out the 2nd time. Bought a Quiet Products insert and I'm much happier with it. It flows better and is just about as quiet. I've had several riding buddies compliment me on how it sounds...

• Victor Champion

Posted September 15, 2005 - 02:20 PM

Another vote for the "Quiet is Cool" insert.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted September 15, 2005 - 06:38 PM

I had a GYT-R, lost it when the bolt fell out the 2nd time. Bought a Quiet Products insert and I'm much happier with it. It flows better and is just about as quiet. I've had several riding buddies compliment me on how it sounds...

Ya I forgot. That happened to me too. I actually have a longer bolt through it now with a nut on the inside. :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BEAN329

Posted September 15, 2005 - 08:41 PM

made my own with 1 inch electrical conduit. :banghead:

• Joe Reitman

Posted September 16, 2005 - 12:51 PM

made my own with 1 inch electrical conduit. :banghead:

Considered fabbing one- but I guess I have become old and lazy. :applause:

• postalrider

Posted September 17, 2005 - 04:07 AM

i can't believe anyone runs the stock insert ,it was put on the bike to pass noise levels and it kills the power! i have a gytr insert and it makes my bike puke in tight woods,

• postalrider

Posted September 17, 2005 - 04:14 AM

bean i would like to see your design, i have a gytr but it kills the bike and makes it run hot,so it ends up in my fanny pack on dual sport rides and i dont like the noise but performance is critical and a hot engine is self destructing

• hugle

Posted September 17, 2005 - 05:58 AM

Does anybody hava part number for the 05' WR 450 F insert? O r have one they want to sell?

• Joe Reitman

Posted September 17, 2005 - 06:45 AM

Does anybody hava part number for the 05' WR 450 F insert? O r have one they want to sell?

stock, gytr or quietiscool?

• hugle

Posted September 17, 2005 - 08:20 PM

stock, gytr or quietiscool?

Sorry, quietiscool, thanks :banghead:

• tcmII

Posted September 18, 2005 - 05:31 PM

Me too!

I use the GYR-T insert with a longer bolt and a little locktite. Lucky for me I noticed the bolt was missing before the insert came out.

• 96warrior

Posted September 18, 2005 - 07:54 PM

I don't have the "run hotter" problem.

What kind of jetting/ setup are you guys running? :banghead:

• 3boyz3dogz

Posted September 18, 2005 - 08:44 PM

Ditto on the GYTR - wouldn't recommend it at all. I went with Pro Moto Billet insert. It has a rubber type ring on it, to make it fit nice and snug. It doesn't vibrate like the GYTR. I did the free mods, insert, and JD kit. The JD kit made the biggest difference.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.