wr450, Unibiker gaurds

7 replies to this topic
  • bwsully1

Posted September 14, 2005 - 11:46 AM

Question---Does the unibiker guards allow for the re-installation of those radiator fins. thanks

• clark4131

Posted September 14, 2005 - 01:08 PM

Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full...SC

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted September 14, 2005 - 03:30 PM

Installed mine in the garbage can. :banghead:

• ncmountainman

Posted September 14, 2005 - 03:35 PM

Question---Does the unibiker guards allow for the re-installation of those radiator fins. thanks

i cut about a 1/2" off the front of the vertical stock plastic fins and zip tied them to the unabikers,works quite well in extreme mud. the reason for cutting them is the unabikers are on an angle to the rads and it was needed for airflow :banghead: the unabikers rows of holes actually line up perfectly with the fins :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted September 14, 2005 - 09:53 PM

NC, why re-install the fins. :banghead: Does it help with cooling. It seems to me my bike cools better with the Unibikers on than it did with the stock fins. Thanks, BnB.

• clark4131

Posted September 15, 2005 - 05:08 AM

...the unabikers rows of holes actually line up perfectly with the fins :banghead:

Well, I guess I stand corrected. Leave it to NC to have figured out a way to mount the fins back. But then again, he's also wired in a microwave, a keg-erator and a port-a-potty to his bike, all while reducing the overall weight by 72.69 pounds, and adding 12 horsepower :applause:. I tried, but my little pea-sized ball of grey matter just couldn't figure it out...SC

• ncmountainman

Posted September 15, 2005 - 03:22 PM

NC, why re-install the fins. :banghead: Does it help with cooling. It seems to me my bike cools better with the Unibikers on than it did with the stock fins. Thanks, BnB.

it might actually reduce overall cooling capacity,but in a long high speed mud run it pays off by not clogging the rads with mud. and yes they did clog with either devols or unabikers. for those with devols, the MSR aluminum fins fit perfectly. they were available at chapparrel last i knew ($15). clark, how did you know about the keg-erator? thats still in R&D :applause:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted September 15, 2005 - 06:36 PM

Thanks NC, I knew you would have a good reason.

Well, I guess I stand corrected. Leave it to NC to have figured out a way to mount the fins back. But then again, he's also wired in a microwave, a keg-erator and a port-a-potty to his bike, all while reducing the overall weight by 72.69 pounds, and adding 12 horsepower . I tried, but my little pea-sized ball of grey matter just couldn't figure it out...SC

Exactly what I was thinking. Damn it, you beat me to it. :banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.