WR450 track suspension settings?

3 replies to this topic
  • 636sean

Posted September 14, 2005 - 11:44 AM

Hi, i've recently been visiting motocross tracks on my Wr450 and was wondering if anyone had some suspension settings that suit the track?
Im not very good and weigh about 155 pounds, if thats any help....
cheers

• Joe Reitman

Posted September 14, 2005 - 01:39 PM

What year? All I did for mine, 05, (I weigh 170) was set sag, raise forks in triple clamp about 8-9 mm for better turn in, and back off compression 4 clicks. It lands smoothly, yet soaks up the small stuff well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted September 14, 2005 - 01:45 PM

You are lucky to only weigh 155.
I am thinking that not much has to be done at all. The fork has soft valving but that
won't effect you much of any at all.

• Joe Reitman

Posted September 14, 2005 - 02:17 PM

By the way the back off 4 clicks was fork compression, not shock. Shock is plenty compliant at stock setting for me.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.