Waterproofing a WR450

5 replies to this topic
  • 2old4school

Posted September 14, 2005 - 06:44 AM

GP coming up and the flyer recommends waterproofing. My local shop owner says that my '05 WR450 is already factory waterproofed. Is there anything I need to do to ensure no problems?

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 14, 2005 - 06:53 AM

I put silicone sealant around the air box seal for the cover. The cover is to flimsy and the 3 zeus fastenters dont make a good seal. I run a plastic bag around the cover and then seat it to the air box with the silicone sealant on the air box and then lossen the zeus fasteners for drying. Then after 24 hours pull the cover off and trim the bag off the sealant. Next put a large slit in the plastic drain tube from the air box to allow water to flow out or buy a Honda one way valve drain from the XR family. Some guys go to the extreme of putting in a YZ airbox and removing the battery. :banghead:

• RichBaker

Posted September 14, 2005 - 08:43 AM

Dzus fasteners....easy mistake if you've never seen it in text.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted September 14, 2005 - 11:29 AM

I didn't want to say anything. Almost everyone spells almost everything wrong. And grammar, punctuation :banghead: . I don't care.

• RichBaker

Posted September 14, 2005 - 03:23 PM

Yeah, but if anyone ever wants to do a search....

• jerryls

Posted September 14, 2005 - 09:05 PM

I did everything listed here: http://www.unruhly.n...info/index.html

Completely submerged my bike a couple of time at a WORCS race and the bike made it out alive.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.