25 replies to this topic
  • BillS

Posted March 23, 2001 - 04:25 PM

fershy i need your email address if you want the schematic

------------------
00WR, BD Dual Sport Kit, Panoram Computer, Ottawa, Canada

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted March 26, 2001 - 07:47 AM

Go buy a $6 oil filter wrench to use as a flywheel holder - I had the same problem trying to tighten the flywheel nut. I think it takes a 4" OD filter wrench.

Brian

• Ga426owner

Posted March 26, 2001 - 10:48 PM

I too have the space issue w/o the Baja kit.
You can dump the Acerbis guards for Enduro Engineering or Moose. They do not take up the same amt of space & have a better bend for clearance. Are you using the Black mini lever or the replacement aluminum lever?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 26, 2001 - 04:19 PM

I must have gotten lucky! The dealer installed mine for me before I took delivery on the bike. So far it works great. Don't have any experience with other kits. However I did have a few questions about the kit and BD did straighten them out over the phone. No problem !
Dennis

• mcarp

Posted March 26, 2001 - 11:03 PM

WR-
I can think of two options. I have the hebo, but no DS kit. My last DS bike had a mirror thread on the light switch assembly. That's obviously not going to happen on the BD kit. I think there is an adapter that works on the stock clutck that replaces the open clamp with a mirror hole, but sorry I don't know who makes it. Seem to remember it $14. This is rigid hole, your Acerbis probably tilts (and sucks as a street mirror). In the past I used the IMS pivoting mirror adapter ($25)to tilt a "real" mirror toward the center for off-road so it wasn't destroyed. I worked great on street and the trail. BTW, the pivoting Ken Sean Designs mirrors SUCK!
See if the stock clutch C-clamp perch thingie bolts up the Hebo. If it does, just buy the aftermarket clutch pivot/mirror combo, wherever they are??

So maybe--from left to right..handguard/grip/BD switch/hebo+mirror combo/decomp/crossbar/handguard/kill switch/bar clamp. Or stick the kill over to the right. Damn, that's alot of crap on the bars! You may as well added heated grips, too :)

BillS-
Please email me the pdf. mcarpent@uu.net
I'm considering planning and making my own kit over the next year.

• BruceWA

Posted March 27, 2001 - 06:50 AM

Thanks for all the sugestions and comments. Unfortunately I decided it wasn't worth any further modifications, so I'm keeping my stock clutch lever and no juice for me.
mcarp - I've used the mirror pivots you mention, IMS sells them, don't know if they have them made or make them. They worked well but both pivots eventually wore out and they became extra luggage. The Acerbis mirrors are the best I've found. They are small and are easily moved out of the way. There only glaring sin would be the fact that you can't see anything in them :), no matter where you put them. But I like them. They meet the letter of the law, and that's all I'm interested in. Like most guys who license a dirt bike, I don't run on the Interstates very often. Save that for my streetbikes.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.