Where to buy used XR650L

13 replies to this topic
  • Bergy1

Posted September 13, 2005 - 06:03 PM

I am begining to look for a used XR650L in the $1500 to $2500 range. Where are the best places to look and what kind of bike can I expect in that dollar range :banghead:

I would like something that has not been modified yet or beat up. I do not want to travel a long distance from central Nebraska. Is this going to be a hard item to find?

Any help would be great :applause:

• justicedone

Posted September 13, 2005 - 06:07 PM

I would use the money as a down on a new one, look through the local Cycle Trader, online etc. You wont get much for 2k but for about 3-3.5k you can get a good bike. I bought mine like new, stock 1 owner with under 600mi for $4000. It was just a year old at the time :banghead:

Good luck and I am sure you will enjoy what you get, just be patient.

• pwrpapa

Posted September 13, 2005 - 08:16 PM

From what I have seen, they are hard to find in good shape.
Mines an 02 with 850 miles all stock. I can't seem to sell it here in MI.
We have tons of trails and back roads here to ride. But it's sandy and the BRP doesn't like sand much. The bike makes a good commuter and gets 55mpg on the highway.

Look for a good used one, you will save a ton of money.

• XRsteve

Posted September 13, 2005 - 08:47 PM

I bought mine from a local dealer (in Portland, Oregon area) for $2500. It had 2700 miles and was in decent shape. I had been looking for several months. I was getting ready to shell out the cash for a new one but just happened to see this one. They didn't even have it ready to sell yet. I think the best thing to do is spread the word at all the local shops that you're looking for one and hopefully something will pop up. I tried the local paper and Cycle trader but there just isn't that many out there for sale. Just keeps you eyes open, and you'll find one.

• BrettJ

Posted September 14, 2005 - 03:24 AM

sorry just wanted to get bronze membership :banghead:

• justicedone

Posted September 14, 2005 - 01:56 PM

did you get your free fruit basket yet?

• BrettJ

Posted September 14, 2005 - 02:38 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TahomaTom

Posted September 14, 2005 - 03:44 PM

Screw the papers, or cycletrader. Do you have craislist in Nebraska with any traffic?

I looked daily for weeks before I found one I thought was a decent shape at a decent price

• Bergy1

Posted September 14, 2005 - 06:41 PM

What is a craislist?

• castlesburning

Posted August 27, 2008 - 11:45 AM

just hit craigslist, there are plenty. i flew to phenox az for mine and rode it home
to chattavegas, tn. after airfare and fuel i spent 3600 on my bike and had a n awsome trip!

• castlesburning

Posted August 27, 2008 - 11:48 AM

just type craigslist and start picking the cities near you and type "xr650l" in the search bar, all the bikes for sale in that area will pop up. i would chec`k the more southern states first....there are about 20 650s in the atlanta area.

• 2ksilverbullet

Posted August 27, 2008 - 12:23 PM

I would hope the OP found one by now since this was 3 years ago. I wouldn't have that kind of patience. I was getting frustrated waiting a month...

• motobikem1ke

Posted August 27, 2008 - 03:01 PM

I would hope the OP found one by now since this was 3 years ago. I wouldn't have that kind of patience. I was getting frustrated waiting a month...

Old thread is old.

www.crazedlist.org lets you search multiple cities at once, letting you find that 2006 XR650L for $2500 that has 50 miles on it and was only ridden to and from an old lady to and from her nursing home.

• Rascal560

Posted August 27, 2008 - 03:33 PM

How does a 3 year old post just pop up out of nowhere? :thumbsup:

Related Content

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.