Terraflex Again

12 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted September 13, 2005 - 03:55 PM

This horse has been beaten many times before but, I want one don't know where to find one,online????Or a astore in SoCal?????. I have a 2001 650R, what size will fit w/out compromising fit and using the chain setup for a 14/48 ratio,thanks in advance folks..........ride on........... :banghead:

• justicedone

Posted September 13, 2005 - 05:11 PM

I run one on my 03 XR650L with 14/48 stock chain. Ready to change it now but I have 1100+ mi on my Teraflex. Doing about 60/40 Dirt/Street. It raises the back like 1.5in or higher, but worth the traction in my op'.

Getting ready to order anew myself from here...(link)

http://www.onoffroad...ory_Code=chenmx

They ship free and in Ca you get in like 2-3 days :banghead:

I did have to trim my chain guard, but small issue and your R should fit even easier I would imagine.

Have fun throwing rocks !!!

• justicedone

Posted September 13, 2005 - 05:12 PM

I run the 140-18-80

• xrdad

Posted September 13, 2005 - 05:16 PM

You can get a better price from here www.mandhtires.com Check them out.

Ted K.

• BWB63

Posted September 13, 2005 - 05:56 PM

They Sell them at Chaparral in Southern California. (Off the 215, Mill st. You can see it on the east side. I was just there and they have a whole rack of them. I got one of the last made in USA Moto steel there. I am saving this one for something. :banghead:
Now they are all made in China. Lighter by two pounds but, different rubber, no steel belts.

• justicedone

Posted September 13, 2005 - 06:02 PM

You can get a better price from here www.mandhtires.com Check them out.

Ted K.

sweet, thanks bro, even with shipping a bit cheaper :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4Takt

Posted September 14, 2005 - 10:07 AM

I tried one on my 650R after reading so much about it here.

To put it bluntly, I hated it. It's a bitch to fit, it'll rub everywhere. You'll have to cut your mud guard.
Handling is very weird and squirelly, it just feels wrong.

One good thing I can say is it hooked up well in deep mud. Then I took it on a long, hard packed dirt road going at full speed for about 100miles. It melted away and I could feel it lose traction. My top speed went from 100mph down to 80 by the end of the trip, it would just spin at WOT. There was hardly any knobs left on it.

I'm glad I got it out of my system, curiosity satisfied, I won't get another one.

4Takt

• XR650L_Dave

Posted September 14, 2005 - 01:52 PM

4Takt, was that the US or the Chinese one?

D

• mmxr650r

Posted September 14, 2005 - 02:21 PM

I agree...did not like the tire at all...here in the AZ desert...felt very "loose"...

I tried one on my 650R after reading so much about it here.

To put it bluntly, I hated it. It's a bitch to fit, it'll rub everywhere. You'll have to cut your mud guard.
Handling is very weird and squirelly, it just feels wrong.

One good thing I can say is it hooked up well in deep mud. Then I took it on a long, hard packed dirt road going at full speed for about 100miles. It melted away and I could feel it lose traction. My top speed went from 100mph down to 80 by the end of the trip, it would just spin at WOT. There was hardly any knobs left on it.

I'm glad I got it out of my system, curiosity satisfied, I won't get another one.

4Takt

• 4Takt

Posted September 14, 2005 - 02:28 PM

4Takt, was that the US or the Chinese one?

D

It was a Chinese one, just got it a couple of weeks ago for $59.95 off the net somewhere. It lasted one weekend.

4Takt

• XR650L_Dave

Posted September 15, 2005 - 08:18 AM

The US one was good for blasting down the freeway at 80 and lasted a long time. It was a little squirrely, but not bad.
Too bad they screwed up a good thing.

D

• BRP27

Posted September 15, 2005 - 09:09 AM

I took my heavy SOB Teraflex off also. Put the stock tire back on until I can find a better tire. I took it off because it was rubbing, and was amazed at how heavy it was when I picked it up. Mine was the US Type II.

There has to be a better tire for the rear and I am going to find it.

• hill5150

Posted September 15, 2005 - 04:24 PM

Sounds like my answer is "NO" I will opt for a bridge,metz,maxxis or dunlop fatty...............damnit i wanted to roost- remove the plastic from my unfortunate buddy's xr400........................ :banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.